Individual axis remapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individual axis remapping

I am evaluating reWASD for potential purchase, but my current principal use case seems unimplemented. I am using an Xbox 360 controller with an old flight simulator, conceived long before Microsoft even considered entering the game console industry. This flight simulator has analog responses mapped to individual axes, and these axes make absolutely no sense on the controller. I see under advanced options that X and Y axes of a stick can be individually inverted, and the two sticks can be swapped, but what I need is individual axis control. The game does not provide for any control of its own other than axis inversion.

In other words, I need all of the following in my configuration:

1. Left stick X analog input is suppressed (unmapped) and is instead output as right stick Y analog output, with the possibility of inverting if/as necessary
    2. Left stick Y analog input is inverted
    3. Right stick X analog input is suppressed (unmapped) and is instead output as left stick X analog ouput
    4. Right stick Y analog input is suppressed and is instead output as left stick X binary (on/off) output

This could be implemented either as individual axis control or individual direction control, but I do not see a way to maintain analog control (analog input -> analog output) through remapping of individual axes. Of course, it's likely that this would require joystick virtualization, but I see that this is already implemented, so it seems like such a feature would at that point be fairly straightforward to implement, and it seems like a common enough use case. Does this exist within reWASD? I hope the question makes sense.

Hello,

All available options about stick adjustments are in the Advanced settings tab. Requested functionality is not available including emulated virtual stick but technically it's easy to implement according to the current features.

I think we can try to extend the stick settings next releases.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Wow! I love the can-do attitude.

It looks like minor version release intervals are 1-2 months. Will you post something here, or should I just watch the release notes. I'll wait to buy until I see it, because this is my main use case now.

By the way, although my use case personally involves per axis mapping of analog input to analog output (e.g. right stick vertical to left stick horizontal), I can imagine potential use cases for per axis-direction mapping of analog input to analog output (e.g. right stick vertical up to left stick horizontal right). Since this would keep with the replacement of one atomic control unit to another atomic control unit in mappings and would be consistent with the existing analog-to-binary functionality, I'd love to see you spring for the greatest possible granularity. Just my two cents!

Thanks. Will wait for it excitedly.

Comment

Hello,

We post news regarding new releases
        Announcements directory and We can notify you personally under this post.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
        X