Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remap controller axis to a virtual controller/joystick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap controller axis to a virtual controller/joystick?

Is it possible to remap only the z-axis from my Xbox One Controller to the x-axis of an virtual joystick or virtual XBox One Controller or XBox 360 Controller? And is that virtual joystick provided by REWASD?

Hello,

Do you mean remap your trigger to a controller's stick? You may remap trigger to right stick (let\right) to get the X-axis, like this.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Yes, that's what I mean, but not to a controller's stick on the same controller. It has to be another virtual controller.

The problem comes with Microsoft Flight Simulator. They implemented the Xbox Controller support very poor. Left and right trigger are not recognized as an analog axis but as a button. So steering the rudder means 0% or 100% left/right. So my plan is to disable the left/right trigger and remap them via ReWASD to an x- or y-axis of a virtual separate joystick or a virtual separate controller and bind them that axis to the rudder in the end.

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

If I get your point correctly, you would like to have 1 physical controller = 2 virtual controllers, for example, one for triggers, one for the rest of the gamepad controls. reWASD can't do this. It goes, 1 physical device = 1 virtual device and you may do any mappings within it. So, in this case, there is an option to remap triggers to sticks (up\down or left\right).
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi Star-Lord, thanks for your message.
          You got me correct. I found a solution to create a virtual Joystick via vJoy. and UCR (=Universal Controller Remapper). Possibly I can use ReWASD instead of UCR?

Comment

Hello,

We have thoughts to implement the option of creating more than a single virtual device for the physical one. But it's for the next releases. The current version allows creating a single virtual device only.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey there!

You can try a kind of workaround in reWASD too.

You can use your physical controller as is + add a virtual one just for your triggers. Also, you need to go to Preferences -> Gamepads tab and uncheck "Hide physical controller when virtual one is created" option. However, many games are not stable with two controllers used together.

Comment

Working...
              X