Virtual Switch Pro controller with Gyro and GIMX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Switch Pro controller with Gyro and GIMX

Firstly thanks a ton for releasing 6.2.0. This is such a great update and I can actually use ReWASD with any Switch console now

Bluetooth mode works completely fine now, haven't seen any issues, and it doesn't require sysmodule which is great!

Just want to quickly mention that I noticed 2 areas of potential improvement with the new release:
    1. Gyro output by the virtual Switch Pro to console is still missing
    2. GIMX doesn't seem to work

The first is probably a quick question but I just want to know whether you guys plan to add such support, especially for controllers that actually have gyros?

The second question is asked because based on the 6.2.0 release notes GIMX should work, but I couldn't get it to be recognized by my Switch. My GIMX works with my Virtual DS4 configs therefore I can confirm there should be no issue with the hardware.

Hey there!

Glad to see such a fast feedback, thank you!

1. reWASD emulates the gyro on the virtual Switch Pro controller — but only for the physical controllers that have it. Which device do you use?

2. What exactly happens when you use GIMX? On which step you get errors or something?

Please check if you have enabled Switch Pro Controller Wired Communication on the console — it should be enabled for GIMX.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Please check if you have enabled Switch Pro Controller Wired Communication on the console — it should be enabled for GIMX.
      Thank you very much. This is exactly the reason - can't believe I overlooked it. Now wired connection works fine.

However I still can't seem to get gyro working. I'm using Flydigi Apex 2 for testing and it should have a gyro sensor.

Mapping its gyro to right controllers actually works fine, but not gyro itself. This is my current setting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1Yukxt.png
Views:	33
Size:	575.3 KB
ID:	232025
      Attached Files

Comment

Yay, great news about GIMX.

As for the gyroscope, got it. Unfortunately, Flydigi Apex 2 has 2-dimensional gyro (actually, by default it works as a mouse). We can't transfer the virtual Switch Pro gyro to this one, as for Switch Pro has fully functional gyroscope with three axes.

The guys from Flydigi are planning to develop the new firmware for their devices, and will send the full gyro report then. Once it is done, reWASD will be able to support it fully.

We do not know if it happens soon or not, but let's hope it won't take long.

UPD: we will try to find the workaround. Will be happy to share any news with you.

Comment

Thank you very much for letting me know!

Yeah I'm not quite confident on how soon those guys can rollout new firmware. I guess this is another reason for me to get a new controller.

Comment

Flydigi have cool gamepads, just this tiny misunderstanding about the gyro. Stay tuned for the updates, hope something could be changed.

Comment

Originally Posted by jack2game View Post
              Thank you very much for letting me know!

Yeah I'm not quite confident on how soon those guys can rollout new firmware. I guess this is another reason for me to get a new controller.

Hi, I use Apex 2 for a long time and have the Zeus elite, this I tink is three axes and very great Gamepad

Comment

Zeus should be working exactly as Nintendo in reWASD, so the gyro will be supported on the console too

Comment

Working...
                X