Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamepad mapping driver is out of date

Hi,

I recently updated rewasd and I'm getting an error "Gamepad mapping driver is out of date, reWASD may not work properly. Please update it to the newest version". It gives me the option to update or cancel. When I hit update I get the error "Service and app version mismatch. Please install the latest reWASD version to continue." Since then I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, turning off autoboot at start, deleting "LowerFilters" out of registry, and have disabled windows defender. I am unable to get the mapping drivers to update. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Seems like something prevents you from removing our currently installed driver and service.

We suggest trying to remove reWASD manually:
    1. Right-click the Windows Start button and select "Command Prompt (Admin)".
    2. Type cd "C:\Program Files\reWASD" and press Enter.
    3. Type "reWASDService.exe -drvuninstall and press Enter.
    4. Restart your PC.
    5. Manually remove the "C:\Program Files\reWASD" and "C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD" folders.
    6. Open Windows Services and check if the "Game Controller Mapping Service" (reWASDService) still exists.
      If it does: Start Command Prompt as Administrator again, type "sc delete reWASDService" and press Enter.​
    7. Use DriverStoreExplorer to remove "hidgameflt.inf" and "hidgamemap.inf" by "Disc Soft Ltd" if they are on the list.
    8. Restart your PC again.
    Once done, download the latest version of reWASD either from our site or your personal account and run the installer as Administrator after temporarily turning off any anti-virus or protection software you have installed.

If this would not work, I would suggest reinstalling Windows.

Comment

Unfortunately this did not work. Wiping windows isn't an option. Are there any other programs or anything that may interfere with it?

Comment

Originally Posted by omnitgo View Post
        Unfortunately this did not work.
        Were you able to remove the folders, service, and drivers mentioned in steps 5-7?

Are there any other programs or anything that may interfere with it?
        Any software meant to prevent (or protect against) any kind of actions requiring elevated privileges on your PC could be a culprit. That would usually be anti-virus software.
        Though there are also tweakers, cleaners, and "custom" Windows builds that might affect the system in unknown ways.
        This is why Windows reinstallation is recommended.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          Were you able to remove the folders, service, and drivers mentioned in steps 5-7?

I was able to remove this folders and then the drivers with driverstoreexplorer. The service was not listed when I checked so I was unable to remove that. My windows 10 is also up to date if that helps. I double checked for any third party antivirus software and verified there isn't any.

Comment

I was able to remove this folders and then the drivers with driverstoreexplorer. The service was not listed when I checked so I was unable to remove that.
            So you have reached the point when reWASD was removed from the system. If you have not missed the "restart PC" steps, the issue should have been resolved by now.

If you can, please provide a video of the installation process and the first start of reWASD after it, along with ETL files from this folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs\

Comment

REWASD_driver.etl
              REWASD_service.etl
              reWASDInstaller TextTrace (1).txt
              reWASDInstaller TextTrace (3).txt

Here are the videos and files. I restarted between videos.

Comment

Is there anything you can see that may be wrong?

Comment

Is there anything you can see that may be wrong?
                  The team is not available on the weekends, so we haven't checked the logs yet. We will reply to this thread once we find anything.

Comment

Has anyone gotten a chance to look into this?

Comment

We would appreciate it if you provide us with the files from this folder C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
                        We would appreciate it if you provide us with the files from this folder C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD

Thank you in advance!
                        Here are the files you requested that are in that folder.

*LINK REMOVED*

Thanks

Comment

Thank you! We will check the files with a team and will get back to you with the results.

Comment

Thank you! We will check the files with a team and will get back to you with the results.
                            Thanks so much!

Comment

Have you been able to take a look at this?

Comment

Working...
                              X