Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REWASD works for some games and not others???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REWASD works for some games and not others???

Can anyone help or relate?

I have been using REWASD now for a couple of years and I've found that it works for most of my games, but not all. I prefer to play with an Xbox Controller/Mouse combo and have the config set up so that my mouse emulates the right half of the controller. For most games this works great and I am able to play without any issues. Every so often I find a game that does not register that REWASD is running and that the mouse buttons have been re-mapped. Even though I can still use the mouse to look around and controller to move at the same time, the games refuse to acknowledge when I'm pushing the buttons.

Please advise.

Can your mouse work in both wired and wireless modes? If so, reWASD most likely detects it as two different devices. Adding both of them to the same group with your keyboard should help with your issue.

You should also add your controller to the group so reWASD would hide it, as otherwise, the games might prefer listening to that controller only, ignoring the remapped inputs from your keyboard and mouse.

Comment

It is a wired mouse.

And that's interesting about the groups. So if i group up the mouse and controller in REWASD then the system just sees the input and not the individual devices?

Comment

When you apply the config to the group, reWASD creates a virtual controller under all devices in the group.

Comment

Hi, i have since been able to work out my issue to about an 80% success rate. One thing i do notice is that the game or rewasd disconnects once in a while when i'm running the controller as a virtual device.

I was wondering if that is on the software or the game. i have noticed it in multiple games, so i'm thinking it is in rewasd. It's almost like the program loses connection and has to reconnect. The only major issue is that you cannot use any input devices for that 1 one second while it reconnects....which is frustrating when you're playing a close quarters FPS game.

Anyone else have this issue?

Comment

reWASD can turn remap off when all devices from the group get disconnected for some reason.
            Enabling the [Leave Virtual controller connected when the physical device disconnects] option should keep remapping on.
            However, it won't fix the disconnects since that is most likely a hardware issue.

Could you clarify what controller we are talking about and how you are remapping it?

Comment

Working...
            X