Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gyro. Google Stadia controller. Commands. reWASD 5.3 is out now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro. Google Stadia controller. Commands. reWASD 5.3 is out now!

Good news, everyone! The long-awaited reWASD 5.3 version is out now, and here are some amazing things you will be able to do with it.

Map Gyro to mouse, keyboard or virtual gamepad controls

Yes, Gyro is finally here. If you still can stay cool, we recommend you to start from this help article that describes many interesting things about gyroscopes in general and the settings you can tune in reWASD. If not, do not hesitate to download the latest version

Use various Commands in addition to mappings

Commands are pre-defined actions you can now map to any control, shortcut or activator just like a keyboard key. My personal favorite one is Turn wireless joystick off. Yep, now you do not need to press and hold Home button for 10 seconds, but you can use, let’s say, a Triple Press as a launcher. Isn’t it cool?

Try reWASD magic on Google Stadia controller

The title speaks for itself. Which device we should support next?

Choose the theme for the devices in the main window

We prefer the black one :satisfied:

Let reWASD turn wireless gamepad off if it is not active

... and adjust the duration of idle state before we go

Use Detection mode to recognize a certain device if it is not clear what it is

No more issues with tricky gaming mouses and keyboards!

Add Gamepad mappings for Nintendo Capture/Home, DualShock PS/TouchPad click

… and Joy-Con’s SL/SR are coming soon

Get analog input while swapping virtual triggers and sticks

Adjust the press time for the hotkeys used for slot switching

Check various optimizations while importing, adjusting and applying configs

Enjoy the new design of the tray agent icon

Use Xbox button in Shortcuts

And finally here is the list of fixes:
    • Fixed: If a virtual controller is applied to any slot, it works for all (even empty) slots
    • Fixed: If both Xbox 360 and DS4 virtual controllers are applied to different slots of a single device or a group, only the last one is active for all slots
    • Fixed: It is impossible to map a combo that starts from a pause to the Shortcut
    • Fixed: In Keyboard subconfig, a key is not hooked in the list of keys a user may remap until this list is manually focused
    • Fixed: If a peripheral device was not initialized properly, after correct re-initialization, it is not possible to apply a config to the group of devices including this one before the agent restart
    • Fixed: Custom Mouse sensitivity slider is not shown if the mapped mouse is inverted
    • Fixed: Battery icon updates its status only on Apply or when the new device is connected/disconnected but doesn’t update when reWASD is idle
    • Fixed: Slot 1 is shown in the main window during a few seconds if a config is applied to Slot 2-4 via Autodetect
    • Fixed: If there is a hotkey that includes two buttons only and those buttons are used in another hotkey too, it is impossible to switch to the slot with this 3-button hotkey
    • Fixed: Temporary “Not responding” status for the update screen if a user clicks on the screen while the new version is downloading
    • Fixed: Default config replaces the custom one with the same name during the update
    • Fixed: The recommendation to unmap a keyboard/mouse buttons appears even if it is already unmapped
    • Fixed: It is impossible to switch remap off for DS4 controller connected via Bluetooth if it is also connected via USB without being previously unpaired
    • Fixed: Scroll movement works with a delay and only if the button is pressed and held for about 100 ms

Bug report:

If I close the main reWASD window and then open it again (either from double clicking the tray icon or from running the desktop/start menu shortcut) I get an error that says "Config file not found." I have to close rewasdservice.exe from Task Manager to see my configs again. For now I'm minimizing reWASD rather than closing it -- especially if I'm actively making a config.

Comment

Hello CriticalComposer !

Thank you for the report. If you experience this issue again, I want to ask you to do the following:
      1. Open reWASD
      2. Choose the device
      3. Turn remap on if it is possible (there is no Nothing is applied label on that button
      4. In GUI, check all 4 slots one by one: it may be a chance that you find the lost config being applied before
      4a. If yes, remove the "lost" config.

Then check all other devices you see there.

Comment

Alright, here is the interesting thing. It only affects some of the configs and I haven't found a pattern yet. I checked all of the affected configs and none of them have moved the config to another slot (all slots are empty). But the configs still work and auto-load correctly. My Desktop Config is one of the affected ones and while reWASD doesn't show anything and says it can't find it, it will load it when I quit a game and return to the desktop. Here is a screenshot of reWASD when this error happens.

Comment

Is there a way to change the systray icon? I prefer the old one.

Comment

Originally Posted by CriticalComposer View Post
            Alright, here is the interesting thing. It only affects some of the configs and I haven't found a pattern yet. I checked all of the affected configs and none of them have moved the config to another slot (all slots are empty). But the configs still work and auto-load correctly. My Desktop Config is one of the affected ones and while reWASD doesn't show anything and says it can't find it, it will load it when I quit a game and return to the desktop. Here is a screenshot of reWASD when this error happens.
            According to your screenshot, the config was loaded before but it not presented at the moment. Seems it was removed (from reWASD or from Explorer). In order to stop getting this message, you need to click "remove" icon under the slots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	42febd50db.jpg
Views:	831
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	218537

Comment

Originally Posted by Mobeeuz View Post
              Is there a way to change the systray icon? I prefer the old one.
              Unfortunately, no. As for reWASD supports not only gamepads but keyboard and mouse devices too now, we decided that the icon with a controller seems to be out-dated.
              I really hope you will like the new one.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

According to your screenshot, the config was loaded before but it not presented at the moment. Seems it was removed (from reWASD or from Explorer). In order to stop getting this message, you need to click "remove" icon under the slots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	42febd50db.jpg
Views:	831
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	218537
                The odd thing is that if I simply restart reWASDservice.exe then it all works fine -- the configs aren't missing they just aren't being read properly. If I press that Remove icon under the slots will that remove the config file as well? I really don't want to remake half of my configs when they technically work just fine but have problems displaying in reWASD.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                  I really hope you will like the new one.
                  Can this not be made selectable? Like a choice of icons? You could extend the idea to the battery state icons as well - would help differentiate devices at a glance beyond color. Perhaps even combine them: Tray icon becomes device, slowly fades from full icon to outline.

Comment

I also think that new systray icon is not so pretty, because this icon looks a bit heavy. I think that better way is to change whole color of systray icon, because is too small that to add small dot yet.
                    Also, maybe better way is to add contour icon - like a lots of other icons in rewasd, and also add option to change color like battery systray icon.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Mobeeuz, Nirpo thank you for your feedback. The icons aren't changeable and do not have alternative options to display, for now. I personally like the new designed icons.

But we took your suggestions into account.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by CriticalComposer View Post

The odd thing is that if I simply restart reWASDservice.exe then it all works fine -- the configs aren't missing they just aren't being read properly. If I press that Remove icon under the slots will that remove the config file as well? I really don't want to remake half of my configs when they technically work just fine but have problems displaying in reWASD.
                        This "remove" icon only removes the file from Service. It means that it is not applied anymore. Basically, once you restarted the service, you did the same — refreshed the list of applied configs. The config file is safe in this case.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nirpo View Post
                          ...this icon looks a bit heavy
                          I think that's it, even your outline version feels better. The other problem I have is that it's a recolored Daemon Tools icon; Meaning I will have to hide it for every stream/video/screenshot or risk being labeled a pirate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mobeeuz View Post
                            I think that's it, even your outline version feels better. The other problem I have is that it's a recolored Daemon Tools icon; Meaning I will have to hide it for every stream/video/screenshot or risk being labeled a pirate.
                            This is an unexpected twist Yep, DAEMON Tools and reWASD haves similar icons, because we are a single team.
                            DAEMON Tools has lots of different features, never thought that it is just a pirate label in the gaming world.

We will think about an option to make different icons in reWASD tray, however, all our team still thinks that it is lovely

Comment

Thank you! This is really good news! I am stuck in my Berlin property and at least I can sit in the internet and read such amazing things
                              Last edited by Fasjo; 21.03.2020, 12:22.

Comment

Working...
                              X