Assign mappings to the scroll wheel and Full Press triggers in reWASD 5.5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assign mappings to the scroll wheel and Full Press triggers in reWASD 5.5.1

Hey there! We are so grateful for your feedback. We have checked all the posts, emails, comments, messages and tweets — and are ready to show you some important improvements and fixes. Meet reWASD 5.5.1!

Here are the most significant things you will be able to do with the latest version:
    • Set custom mappings to the scroll wheel of a physical mouse
    It is a good idea to remap the scroll wheel to Left and Right Bumpers when you use your keyboard and mouse as a virtual controller, and switch among weapons just like you usually do it with physical peripheral devices.
    • Add mappings to Full Press of triggers on Steam and GameCube
    You couldn’t miss Steam and GameCube controllers that appear in reWASD 5.5 but certainly missed two unique buttons those old but gold devices have. Not anymore!
    • Enable DS4 LED when the battery is Critically low
    Thanks Mobeeuz for such a nice suggestion.
    • Enable LED on PS3 Nav when you connect it or turn remap on
    Choose when this tiny red LED works: when you connect the device, when you turn Remap ON or never.
    • Switch slots using Xbox button and unique controls of Steam and GameCube
    We have extended the list of buttons that may be used for customizable hotkeys for Slot switching. If you couldn’t find the right ones before, download the latest version and re-check
    • Go straight to the last active slot after turning remap off and on again
    Previously, the first non-empty Slot was activated, so we hope this feature will save your time a bit.
    • Forget about necessity to reapply a config after the game streaming service creates a new virtual gamepad
    Even if your streaming service creates a new virtual gamepad each time you launch it, reWASD will still treat it as a single device with adjusted settings and associations.
    • Paste mappings to sticks, gyro, scrolls, zones
    Note that those controls have some limitations, so do not try to paste anything restricted
    • Enjoy faster and smarter graphical user interface
    We are sure you will notice the difference.

We know that there are so many things to be done for the Steam controller, and no worries, all those ones are in our to-do list on the research stage. Stay tuned and give us some time

And finally, fixes. The list is pretty long, so we strongly recommend you switch to the new version that is much more stable and fast:
    • Fixed: reWASD prevents Moonlight from detecting the physical controllers
    • Fixed: reWASD installation leads to BSOD due to the conflict with Thrustmaster drivers
    • Fixed: Virtual DS4 controller is detected by Steam as non-unique device
    • Fixed: Virtual stick mapped to Gyro may not return to zero state if it is used together with a physical stick
    • Fixed: Virtual stick mapped to the trackpad or a physical stick moves to zero state for a moment while switching to Shift mode if it was deflected before the modificator was pressed
    • Fixed: LED settings from cloned config are not applied until tray agent is restarted
    • Fixed: Mappings set to Stick stop for a short moment while moving stick diagonally and switching between zones
    • Fixed: Hook controller buttons option is not applied until GUI restart
    • Fixed: Blacklisted device appears in GUI again if it was plugged to another port
    • Fixed: Each press on the arrow or each mouse scroll changes the values on the sliders of the settings from Virtual devices from minimum to maximum
    • Fixed: Virtual stick mapped to the Long Press stays deflected after a few presses and releases
    • Fixed: It is impossible to set the Max trigger zone value manually

Huge Bug for a possible fringe case (this took me a few hours to track down the issue):

I'm have a Wireless PowerA Switch Pro Controller that was disconnecting as soon as I applied a config. I tried it on two different computers, I tried fresh install of reWASD, I tried fresh configs as well as old configs that I knew worked. Every single time the controller would power off as soon as a config was applied. I had to disable "Prevent other apps from using the LED" for Nintendo controllers in order to get it working again. The "Use LED to show active slot" setting works fine though.

Interestingly, the "Prevent other apps from using the LED" works just fine for my Dualshock 4 V2, both wired and over Bluetooth (I don't have an official receiver to test that).

Otherwise, fantastic micro-update. Lots of bugs squashed (including one I found) and great job adding support for dual stage triggers (on the Gamecube controller even 😍) as well as some nice QoL features. As usual, thanks for all of the work that goes into reWASD and keeping making fantastic software!
    Last edited by CriticalComposer; 16.09.2020, 19:03.

Comment

Hey there!

Glad to get a feedback from you Thanks for the detailed post!

We have already found an issue with PowerA. We have Mario edition, and experienced the same behavior. It will be fixed with the next update, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Hope disabling an option about Player LED will work for you as a temporary workaround.

Comment

Very very nice. I always want "Reload" (Guns) on "Mouse wheel Down", but some games, like in the Farcry serie, didn't allow a remap of this key. Time to update those profiles.

Comment

Originally Posted by Scar67 View Post
          Very very nice. I always want "Reload" (Guns) on "Mouse wheel Down", but some games, like in the Farcry serie, didn't allow a remap of this key. Time to update those profiles.
          Sounds like a great solution

Comment

Just noticed a new bug for me.

Rewasd 5.5.1 and 5.5.0 corrupts my Logitech G920 Steering wheel drivers. After installing the wheel and Rewasd, Logitech G Hub won't see G920 as a connected device. Windows still will recognize it but if G Hub doesn't the Force Feedback won't work.

This does not fix itself even after uninstalling Rewasd and I had to reinstall Windows. Rewasd 5.4.0 works just fine with G920.

Comment

Hello,

Interesting. Have never received complaints regarding the steering wheel as reWASD doesn't support it officially. In this case, the latest ver.5.5.1 logs collecting is needed. Is it ok for you to update the reWASD to 5.5.1 and collect the driver's log in a device connect:

1. Unplug all physical controllers.

2. Open reWASD via Admin - Preference - General - StartLog.

3. Connect the device, make sure that it's detected in the system, wait 2-3 sec.

4. Back to General, and press StopLog. Then send us an archive to investigate logs. Please, follow these steps only to collect precise information, do not plug an additional controller or other devices.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                Hello,

Interesting. Have never received complaints regarding the steering wheel as reWASD doesn't support it officially. In this case, the latest ver.5.5.1 logs collecting is needed. Is it ok for you to update the reWASD to 5.5.1 and collect the driver's log in a device connect:

1. Unplug all physical controllers.

2. Open reWASD via Admin - Preference - General - StartLog.

3. Connect the device, make sure that it's detected in the system, wait 2-3 sec.

4. Back to General, and press StopLog. Then send us an archive to investigate logs. Please, follow these steps only to collect precise information, do not plug an additional controller or other devices.

Here you go.

Hope I did it right!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

Thanks a lot, we will get back to you after some investigation.

Comment

Hi there,

We back again with updated info. We checked the logs and found where the issue could be. The new driver version that will be released with ver. 5.6 has many improvements that might fix the issue (rather yes than no ), so please, wait for the ver. 5.6 that is coming soon. I'm sure that the issue will be fixed.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                      Hi there,

We back again with updated info. We checked the logs and found where the issue could be. The new driver version that will be released with ver. 5.6 has many improvements that might fix the issue (rather yes than no ), so please, wait for the ver. 5.6 that is coming soon. I'm sure that the issue will be fixed.
                      Sounds great!

Comment

Hello,

Indeed . We let you know when the new version will be available.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Are you guys aware that thisproblem of Rewasd destroying Logitech wheel drivers concerns the newest G923 as well. Bit differently though, rewasd installed with the wheel causes it non stop calibration rotation until a) G923 device has been disables b) pull the plug. I am eager to use rewasd in many cases but now I really have problem as I cannot use it at same time installed as my wheel drivers.

Comment

We are acknowledged about this issue. Will be fixed in upcoming releases. Cannot tell you exact timeframe, but it will be fixed for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X