Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grab your Christmas gift — reWASD 5.6.1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
    We are planning to add Stick rotation in one of the next versions by the way. Still, it is good if you found your perfect workaround right now
    Wow, is this coming to all analogue sticks? It's a feature that I have been interested in. As a suggestion to go alongside this - is it possible to add some kind of visual input display to that screen? So we can move the analogue stick around and visualize that input in relation to the circle that we are adjusting - something like they have in the windows gamepad properties section?

That would be fantastic.

Comment

Wow, is this coming to all analogue sticks?
      Yep. And also will be added to trackpads.

is it possible to add some kind of visual input display to that screen?
      Yes, we are working on something like this, but this feature will be released later. We are planning to add an overlay with the ability to show the output from the virtual controller if you use the one. We will certainly extend this feature for all gamepads and other types of input, but it will be fully implemented after a few iterations (versions).

Comment

Hello Thorstel , Jaknet13 , leeray666 !

Rotation option has been added to reWASD 5.6.2 that is out now

Comment

Wonderful news. Cheers.... Many thanks as well for the heads up

Comment

Regards the rotation, Thank you ever so much for this yet again.... just 2 things that's a trifle niggling. I know I'm being a pain sorry.

1) The numerical values don't match the Azeron software so I cannot simply set it to the same number to get the same rotation.

2) Cannot see the movement of the joystick in reWASD so cannot test the rotation without having something else running at the same time and swapping back and forth. The Azeron shows where the joystick is moving on the main profile page so I can easily fine tune the rotation to suit me all in one bit of software.

Comment

Actually, I'll shut up and stop posting minor issues and just be happy that you're doing what you can to support everything going.

Comment

Hello Jaknet13 !

Thanks for checking our new features and for your feedback!

1) The numerical values don't match the Azeron software so I cannot simply set it to the same number to get the same rotation.
                In Azeron software, you can change the angle from -180 to 180. It means that you can invert the axes using this option. In reWASD, we have separate option for invert, and this type of rotation doesn't fit our software actually.

We have added Rotation to solve the initial issue: being able to adjust the stick so you press exactly the needed axis. And I hope this issue is solved. Which settings do you have in the native software that should be converted for reWASD?

2) Cannot see the movement of the joystick in reWASD so cannot test the rotation without having something else running at the same time and swapping back and forth.
                In the next release, we are planning to add an overlay with "tester" for the virtual gamepads. So, if you map Azeron to the virtual stick, you will see the input immediately. For other cases (the ability to see the stick input without any mappings), the overlay will be updated in the upcoming releases. We are constantly working to make our app better, and I hope you will see the positive changes in the new versions. Stay tuned and give us some time

Comment

In Azeron software, you can change the angle from -180 to 180. It means that you can invert the axes using this option. In reWASD, we have separate option for invert, and this type of rotation doesn't fit our software actually.
                  Wow... I didn't realise that it can go that far in the Azeron software and it's more than understandable that it's not the same here.

Is there any "easy-ish" way of converting the angle number in Azeron to a number to input in reWASD give the same angle offset in reWASD... as in 10 in Azeron = whatever in reWASD?

Comment

10 in Azeron is -10 in reWASD, this is the only conversion as far as I see. If you have used a value that is bigger than 45, then we may need an issue, but we will try to solve them too

Comment

That's extremely handy having a 1 to 1 equivalent, despite being in the opposite direction, and to confirm that -36 in reWASD feels identical to +36 in Azeron and works wonderfully.

Thank you very much indeed as that's nice and straight forward to set the angle adjust being able to use the same numerical value as the Azeron software.

Comment

Great to know that we have sorted this out. Funny thing about + and -, didn't notice that we have opposite values at first

Comment

I honestly thought the - was a typo at first, so I set the angle to +36 and then realised very quickly that it wasn't a typo as soon as I tried to move

Just to add that I think I can now uninstall the Azeron software as I've got the led's dimmed to suit and I cannot at this moment in time think of anything else that the Azeron software can do that reWASD cannot either do now or is planned to be added in the future (using the hardware switch to swap between 2 profiles)

Comment

Will take care of both — LED and slot switcher. Stay tuned

Comment

Will take care of both — LED and slot switcher. Stay tuned
                              Ohhh.... I knew the switcher was coming but the LED is news to me. Cool

Comment

One question regards the onboard software and profiles of the Azeron. I don't know if reWASD can access / edit these and I suspect that even if you can it's not going to be able to run most of your features without reWASD running on the PC, eg double click activators, but is there anyway you can add / edit mouse movement to the joystick on the onboard profiles or is this also not possible with the onboard software.

I've got a small all-in-one pc (3 inch square box) that I use as a media center when not running the main PC and not being able to control the mouse is the one thing that stops this pad being a perfect one handed controller for this as well.

I know I could just buy another license, but I'm just being cheap (as ever ) and hoping to avoid that for just mouse movement on a single controller.

Comment

Working...
                                X