Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet summer with reWASD 5.7.1!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meet summer with reWASD 5.7.1!

    Let’s celebrate summer together with our hot update
    Do not hesitate to download the latest version from the official website and let me introduce you to the novelties we have here.
    • Choose on behalf of which keyboard and mouse the mappings should be emulated
    As you may know, reWASD is one and only app that lets you play Valorant with a controller, but since the latest game’s update, there were some issues with a mouse — the physical mouse and the virtual input on the stick could not work together. No worries, we have sorted it out. Right now, you could choose on behalf of which keyboard and mouse the mappings should be emulated and allow reWASD to “move” your physical input devices.
    • Minimize notifications, show a Table of Descriptions and check new Overlay settings
    Thank you for your ideas, suggestions and reports — we have already started to bring those to life. Right now, you will be able to show minimized notifications, distinguish the ones for Normal and Toggled Shift, do not hide Shift notifications while the Shift mode is active and many more. Please visit Preferences -> Desktop Overlay to see other novelties.
    • Switch Slots using a single button or key
    ...or continue using the 2-3-button one if you like it as is
    • Adjust Smoothing for the mouse mapped to Gyro & Steam trackpads
    Thanks GALILACE for this idea
    • Copy, Paste and Clear the whole Shift or Main layer
    All those things are available from the context menu of the Shift swithers. Enjoy!
    • Remap PowerA Fusion for Switch as Nintendo and FragFX Shark and Piranha as DualShock 4
    ...and do not hesitate to ask about new supported devices, we are constantly adding them.
    • Enable the Battery tray agent icon without the main one
    Hey Mobeeuz, hope you will like it
    • Choose Lefty or Righty layout for Azeron
    Dear ruby_eye, thanks for this suggestion.
    • Open the config storage from its context menu
    ...if you want to get to the storage folder as quickly as possible. Master Of Configs that was a great idea!

    And now, the list of important fixes:
    • Fixed: reWASD inverts the native behavior of the pedals from Logitech racing wheels
    • Fixed: A few buttons of the Xbox One S controller could not be unmapped or remapped via the Gamepad mapping section for the devices with the 4.8.1923 firmware version
    • Fixed: Press Time settings are not applied if the config was applied automatically via Autodetect
    • Fixed: Excess notification about the Main layer is shown in Desktop Overlay after Slot switching if a Shift was active in this Slot before
    • Fixed: reWASD could not be installed on the PC with one user whose name contains the “ă” symbol
    • Fixed: Hold until release combo that consists of Right or Left trigger set to 100% only is not shown in the table of the Virtual controller tester

  • #2
    Another fantastic update for reWASD. The ability to copy/paste layers is something I'll be using a lot. I have a lot of muscle memory for holding Home to go into an Auxiliary Layer that has stuff like Screenshot, Record Footage, Volume keys, Next Song, Mouse Controls, and opening Task Manager (among other stuff). I had asked for a global Shift a while ago but this will be good enough. I can just copy/paste my Aux Shift to whatever config I'm using.

    Also thanks for the fast addition of descriptions in the overlay. This vastly improves the usefulness of that part of the overlay.

    And of course, congrats on everything else you've add. Tons of great QOL additions. I'm gonna take a look at the smoothing (I used to run very little in Steam Input and JoyShockMapper) but I'm quite accustom to reWASD's default smoothing and I'm not sure I want to adjust it too much and ruin my muscle memory. 😅

    Comment


    • #3
      Yay! Thank you so much for your feedback, we are always waiting for you after the release
      Happy to know that you like it!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
        • Enable the Battery tray agent icon without the main one
        Hey Mobeeuz, hope you will like it
        Works as I'd hoped, thank you for your continued support

        Comment


        • #5
          Love the lefty view Layout for Azeron thanks. There still is an issue with the 4 way hat and analog stick vertical axis being reversed for lefty version. Pressing 4way hat up shows as hat down button in reWASD interface and same with Analog stick showing opposite directions in vertical axis. I am not sure if there is something in the controller that indicates its a lefty version, in the Azeron software the hat and analog stick movements match the direction pressed. Loving you software and quick support.

          Thanks
          Ruby_eye

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally Posted by ruby_eye View Post
            Love the lefty view Layout for Azeron thanks. There still is an issue with the 4 way hat and analog stick vertical axis being reversed for lefty version. Pressing 4way hat up shows as hat down button in reWASD interface and same with Analog stick showing opposite directions in vertical axis. I am not sure if there is something in the controller that indicates its a lefty version, in the Azeron software the hat and analog stick movements match the direction pressed. Loving you software and quick support.
            Thank you so much for getting back to us. We do not have Azeron for lefty, that's why I asked you for the details. So, we need to swap Up and Down for hat (d-pad) and stick, right? We will also try to contact Azeron devs, but due to the fact that the native software also has this option (to show another layout) and doesn't do it automatically, seems that both types send the same info.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

              Thank you so much for getting back to us. We do not have Azeron for lefty, that's why I asked you for the details. So, we need to swap Up and Down for hat (d-pad) and stick, right? We will also try to contact Azeron devs, but due to the fact that the native software also has this option (to show another layout) and doesn't do it automatically, seems that both types send the same info.
              That is correct the hat up/down and stick up/down are showing opposite in reWASD for a Lefty Azeron. If I am in the Azeron software hat up is button #31 and down is button #29. And for the analog stick set for wasd keypress down is A and up is D. I tried in the Azeron software setting it back to righty layout and the buttons still map correctly. If you want to reach out to me for more information or testing I would be happy to help. Again thanks for your quick responses and attention to details.
              Thanks
              Ruby_eye

              Comment


              • #8
                The smoothing options for gyro are awesome. Great update!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally Posted by ruby_eye View Post

                  That is correct the hat up/down and stick up/down are showing opposite in reWASD for a Lefty Azeron. If I am in the Azeron software hat up is button #31 and down is button #29. And for the analog stick set for wasd keypress down is A and up is D. I tried in the Azeron software setting it back to righty layout and the buttons still map correctly. If you want to reach out to me for more information or testing I would be happy to help. Again thanks for your quick responses and attention to details.
                  Thanks
                  Ruby_eye
                  Got it, thank you. I hope we will deliver the full support for the Lefty Azeron with the next version

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

                    Got it, thank you. I hope we will deliver the full support for the Lefty Azeron with the next version

                    Awesome you guys rock!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally Posted by ruby_eye View Post


                      Awesome you guys rock!
                      Thank you so much!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X