No announcement yet.

Meet Companion app for Android and many new amazing features with reWASD 5.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Companion app for Android and many new amazing features with reWASD 5.8

It seems we have a good tradition of making some huge updates each summer. This time we have lots of new things, and we hope everyone will find something useful here. So, let’s see what we have here
    • reWASD Junior
    Meet the brand-new companion app for reWASD that is already available for Android devices and will be ready for iOS later this year. reWASD Junior is a new way to manage your configs — check mappings, settings and descriptions, Apply the config to the chosen slot and get notifications (when reWASD Junior is opened) about the low battery, switched Slot or Shift.

The next move we are planning here is to let you adjust each and every option from the mobile device, so we hope that soon you will forget about the necessity to Alt+Tab from the game when you adjust your config.
    • Flick Stick
    Flick Stick, originally created by Jibb Smart, is a special mechanic for those who use Gyro as a Mouse in games. While you move your camera with the gyroscope, you still could use the right stick for flicks — the ability to turn the camera to the same direction your stick points to. Before you start, you will need to “calibrate” the sensitivity — you need to find the value that will let you make a full 360° turn when you move your stick from the Up point. The lucky owners of Steam controllers could check this feature on the trackpad.
    • Vibration Adjustment
    There are two major things we have here: the ability to mute or decrease the intensity of the in-game vibration and the ability to redirect the motors. The second one may require a bit of clarification: if you are playing the game that supports Trigger motors with the device that doesn’t have it, now you will be able to redirect Trigger vibration to your Main motors, so you will get the buzz each time the game sends it. There is one pretty logical limitation here: it is possible with the Virtual Xbox One controller only (because this one has Trigger motors that games detect). Hope you will like it!
    • iPega 9023s & PowerA MOGA XP5-X Plus Bluetooth
    As usual, here are a few new devices for you. Both gamepads are intended to be used on mobile devices, but if you want to check them on PC, reWASD will come in handy. On iPega, there are five additional buttons (available with the Bluetooth connection only) that could be remapped too. Check the “Additional gamepad buttons” section to add new actions to them. MOGA could be used with any connection, either wired or wireless, but unfortunately without back buttons.
    • Command line
    It took a bit too long, and... CriticalComposer, SolidSnark, zimmy — here it is!
    Now you can load configs, switch or empty slots, turn Remap on and off using the command line or your custom .bat files. You can learn more details here.
    • Autodetect improvements
    One more big thing is related to Autodetect. In addition to some optimizations that will make it more reliable, we have added the ability to choose an active process (the one that is running now) for the associated apps. This way you could easily add a game you need even if you can’t locate it on your PC. It is a breakthrough for those who play games from Microsoft’s Store, as previously, it was not possible to find the correct .exe file.
    • DS3 analog buttons
    Did you know that the DS3 controller has 10 analog buttons in addition to triggers? Now you will be able to map up to 3 new actions to their zones! FlameMan, thank you for the suggestion
    • Printing
    One more thing that should make your gaming process better — the ability to print the table of mappings on paper (or save it as PDF), so you could always use those hints if you are not familiar with all the mappings yet. Just a kind reminder that Desktop Overlay and reWASD Junior are also meant to help in this case.

Seems this post starting to be too long and boring, so there is a brief list of other improvements we have prepared for you:
    • Adjust the Zone Shape of triggers separately
    • Check how Gyro works on the Virtual controller in Desktop Overlay
    • Switch slots for the group of Xbox Elite 1/2 and any other device with the hardware switcher
    • Remove Virtual Input Device from the system if your mappings work on behalf of the physical mouse and keyboard
    • Check the battery status of the Xbox Series X controller connected via Bluetooth LE
    • Use basic keyboard hotkeys to adjust the nodes in Combo Editor
    • Ignore the gamepad for the reWASD driver if you do not want to use it with our app

And finally the list of fixes:
    • Fixed: Tray agent icon hidden in Preferences appears again after DPI is changed
    • Fixed: After changing the connection (USB/BT) of DS4 or DualSense, the previously applied config is not working on the new connection
    • Fixed: If there is any mapping on Double/Triple/Start/Release Press and the gamepad itself is remapped to the Virtual DS4, the “digital” trigger sticks once it is pressed and released
    • Fixed: If the combo that includes Relative stick deflection was applied without the active Combo feature, it deflects the stick to the opposite side
    • Fixed: Series X controller is not detected on Windows 11 Insider Preview
    • Fixed: It is not possible to choose the monitor for Desktop Overlay if there are several similar monitors detected in the system
    • Fixed: The info about locked features may appear in Desktop Overlay for the owners of the Full Pack license
    • Fixed: Some tabs in Preferences could not be opened on the small monitors with high DPI
    • Fixed: Azeron’s 11, 12 and 13 buttons could not be used as hotkeys for Slot switching and Desktop Overlay

One of the best updates ever!
    * Thank you very much for DS3 analog buttons! Finally old PS3 ports for PC will have remaps which works how they should. And even we received three action zones (one more than I needed). Just wow. Few games are letting draw weapon without attacking, for sure I am going to map these actions there. The same will be with aiming before throwing granades and other throwing weapons. Time to tests.
    * iPega support allows connect my PG-9083S model and it works perfectly (first time ever!). It confirmed that home button is in only on/off button, I was wondering why it does not work like guide buttion, and now I know the trouth. But adjusting dead zones for this controller is wonderfully increasing usage comfort. Really, finally this controller has nice responce time. I am very happy that next controller from my collection received perfect PC support. It would be nice to connect it with mobile phone and use gyro and touchscreen, to make it something similar to Dualshock 4 copy.
    * Flick Stick is great idea. Nice to see this in reWASD too. For sure I will be using it with my gyro controllers. Long awaited feature. Thanks!
    * Vibration adjustment is another feature which we did not know that we need, but it will help a lot wich controlling our controllers. Good job.

* Aaaand... reWASD junior, good to see such application. Very helpful with monitoring configuration during game. I have two more ideas which should be implemented there sooner or later.
    1. It would be nice if junior would work as bridge sending inputs through application to PC. In this case not every controler will have to be connected to PC to be able to use it.
    2. Virtual controller function. Something like mobile steam configs. Possibility to use mobile phone as controller. Helpful not only for easy games, but when connected with iPega controller could give vibration feedback, add gyro to controllers which are not supporting this feature, but have attached phone. And phones can pretends some easy controllers. Good configs can be found in xCloud, as their engineers are working hard to make xbox games playable on mobiles.

Comment

Thank you so much for the feedback! Happy to know that you like our novelties.

Your ideas sound reasonable, we will certainly check what is possible to do here

Comment

Nice, new controllers support added. Maybe is it possible to add support for Ouya Wireless Controller and GameSir G5? They have nice touchpads which potential which is not achieved due to poor implementation.I am sure that you can make them super devices too.

I like flick stick idea. When I will learn how to use it, I will have big fun for sure. Keep going! You are doing great.

Comment

Thank you for your reply!

Both devices look interesting but we can't say anything until we buy those ones. Will certainly try to check.

You can learn more about Flick Stick here. Hope you will like it

Comment

Great job, as always.Funny enough, you gave me two ways to solve one problem I had -- the Microsoft Store games. The new Autodetect works for it but I had originally request command line profile loading to fix this. So Minecraft is 100% not an issue anymore. 🤣

Flick Stick and the Junior app are huge improvements. I haven't played around with Flick Stick yet (not my preferred camera control) but I have messed around with Junior and it's a great companion app. I can't wait to see how it evolves. Two suggestions I would like to see are
            • Making small adjustments from the app. Maybe not necessarily creating a combo or anything but being able to change a simple binding without alt-tabbing would be huge. For instance, in Overwatch I mostly played characters I already knew but one time I tried out random and needed to see what the Hero Info was. I never bound the key to bring up that info so I had to alt-tab to reWASD just to place F1 somewhere. Would be nice to do that quickly in a phone.
            • Sending bindings from the app to the computer. I could put reWASD Junior on a tablet next on my desk and use it like StreamDeck. This would require a ton of UI so I'm certainly not expecting it, but the core functionality of sending input to the PC seems to already be there. If a UI could give me a grid of square buttons that I could assign shortcut keys to that would be a huge gamer changer for streamers.A cheap $50 Amazon tablet could easily replace a StreamDeck for many budget streamers.
            And as usual, great job with all of the QoL and bugfixes. reWASD continues to be the best profiler software out there!

Comment

Hey there!

As always, thanks a lot for checking the new features and getting back to us with your feedback.

Command Line and Autodetect — both should have been be done sooner or later. It took time, but hope it will be a great advantage

As for Junior, actually, both things you are talking about are in our to-do list. The next major update will include the ability to edit configs from your mobile device. We want to make everything adjustable, but it may take time (or a few releases) to cover each and every settings (seems we have developed a lot, oops ).

As for the ability to bring the input from the mobile device to the PC: we have an idea to create a virtual controller (that could be used on PC with reWASD) out of the mobile device. There is no ETA at the moment, but we will definitely research this thing. This way, you will be able to remap this virtual controller and set any shortcuts. Still, the idea to make some shortcuts without the gamepad, from the app itself, is also cool. Will check what is possible to do here.

Comment

Great update thank you. I love the new Vibration Adjustment feature

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Can we have a companion app for windows? for use on an extra laptop perhaps?

Comment

Companion app is now available for Android, it is called reWASD Junior.

Comment

Originally Posted by jlhcmx View Post
                        Can we have a companion app for windows? for use on an extra laptop perhaps?
                        Hey there! Could you please describe your use case for me? You want to be able to apply a config on the main PC from laptop? How you are going to use it?

Or maybe you want to use reWASD on both machines you have?

There is also a third option: you may check our External Virtual controller (connected via Bluetooth or GIMX) that is created by reWASD and works on other devices in the network. Let's say, you could create a config on the laptop, and then use the created External Virtual controller on your main PC.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

Hey there! Could you please describe your use case for me? You want to be able to apply a config on the main PC from laptop? How you are going to use it?

Or maybe you want to use reWASD on both machines you have?

There is also a third option: you may check our External Virtual controller (connected via Bluetooth or GIMX) that is created by reWASD and works on other devices in the network. Let's say, you could create a config on the laptop, and then use the created External Virtual controller on your main PC.
                          I am editing my profile all the time involving a lot of alt-tabs, currently I'm playing Red Dead Online wich for example I cannot pause of course, editing my profile through the laptop would allow me not to lost focus on what is happenning in game and the hassle of alt-tab every time I want to edit the profile. I know you have plans to do this with the companion app that already exist, but I think it would be more comfortable on a laptop.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. It will be considered for sure.

Still, as per Microsoft announcement, Windows 11 is going to support Android apps out-of-box. Thus, we assume the Windows companion app for reWASD might be not required

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
                              Thank you for the suggestion. It will be considered for sure.

Still, as per Microsoft announcement, Windows 11 is going to support Android apps out-of-box. Thus, we assume the Windows companion app for reWASD might be not required
                              Maybe, but I still think Windows interface gives more options. We will see, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X