Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet Cyborg and Adaptive Triggers of DualSense in reWASD 5.8.1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASDer
    replied
    Thank you for the details!

Well, we will do our best to support the new firmware as soon as possible. Still, reWASD works with the officially released firmware only. We are not sure if this early stage of the development is stable and doesn't contain any bugs. We will certainly take a look once it comes to the final ring. Hope it will happen soon.

Leave a comment:

• Antsa
    replied
    Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

Thank you for your report. At the moment, we do not see any updates in Xbox app. Could you please send me a screenshot from Xbox Accessories app with the firmware version? Also, how have you updated the controller? It seems that the new firmware is available for Xbox Insiders only, are you in this program? In which ring?
    I did send you a screen capture. And yeah sorry I am in the insider program at Alpha Skip Ahead ring. Sorry I failed to mention that. My whole life is a beta test currently.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Originally Posted by Antsa View Post
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller just got a new firmware but it won't work with the current Rewasd version.
    Thank you for your report. At the moment, we do not see any updates in Xbox app. Could you please send me a screenshot from Xbox Accessories app with the firmware version? Also, how have you updated the controller? It seems that the new firmware is available for Xbox Insiders only, are you in this program? In which ring?

Leave a comment:

• Antsa
    replied
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller just got a new firmware but it won't work with the current Rewasd version.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post

Exactly I mean this. In Steam Controller I was using it in this way for Steam Controller:
    • Racing arcade games: Until border to full press: full range of trigger acceleration -> Full press (after "click") activating nitro.
    • FPS games with sniper rifle: Not full press - scope zoom in -> Full press: shooting.
    • Quick time event games: not full press - default action for trigger -> Full press macro pressing and releasing trigger.
    • Shooters/bow: Not full press: aiming -> full press: shooting
    Now I am able to play with activation zones so I am happy. But auto adjusting zones to selected "adaptive preset" would for sure make remapping process easier. Now I have to find values which angle will activate high zone for full press preset and manually I will be able to adjust my configs.
    Got your point, thank you Will do our best!

share this config with Xbox's Impulse Trigger Vibration
    But here, I am afraid nothing could be done. There is no way to change the frequency for Xbox controllers, so the patterns could not be the same.

Leave a comment:

• FlameMan
    replied
    Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
    As for the "adaptive zones": am I right that you want choose a pattern, let's say Full Press, and when you press the trigger up to Full Press starting point, you get an additional mapping, just like if some Zone starts here? If yes, it is possible. Still, will need to discuss this idea with a team, so I won't promise you any fast updates
    Exactly I mean this. In Steam Controller I was using it in this way for Steam Controller:
    • Racing arcade games: Until border to full press: full range of trigger acceleration -> Full press (after "click") activating nitro.
    • FPS games with sniper rifle: Not full press - scope zoom in -> Full press: shooting.
    • Quick time event games: not full press - default action for trigger -> Full press macro pressing and releasing trigger.
    • Shooters/bow: Not full press: aiming -> full press: shooting
    Now I am able to play with activation zones so I am happy. But auto adjusting zones to selected "adaptive preset" would for sure make remapping process easier. Now I have to find values which angle will activate high zone for full press preset and manually I will be able to adjust my configs.

Leave a comment:

• 1ncorrect
    replied
    Originally Posted by Jaknet13 View Post

I've no idea if this change is in anyway related to it (I can but hope...lol), but I have posted about this issue and changing all my configs due to pressing inputs on the UI screen in the past so it's very nice to see this new feature
    We respond and implement updates depending on the quantity and quality of requests from our users.
    So I think your vote certainly played its part
    We're glad you like the update!

Leave a comment:

• Jaknet13
    replied
    Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

Exactly! Thank you for your feedback.
    I've no idea if this change is in anyway related to it (I can but hope...lol), but I have posted about this issue and changing all my configs due to pressing inputs on the UI screen in the past so it's very nice to see this new feature

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post
    Adaptive triggers are very nice. This is something what I've expected and I'm happy about. Two ideas how to improve:
    • I like vibration pattern for adaptive triggers, but it would be nice to share this config with Xbox's Impulse Trigger Vibration. I mean, when importing config which has Impulse Trigger Vibration configured, it will be automatically assigned as Vibration Adaptive Triggers when DualSense is receiver of this config. The same in other way, configs with Dual Sense adaptive triggers configured will work for Xbox One/Elite/X gamepads as Impulse Trigger Vibration. Maybe not every adaptive pattern, but rifle and vibration should be shared.
    • I would like have automatically configured activation zones when selecting adaptive tigger vibration. I would like to use full press, soft press and other presses in a way like it works for Steam Controller. Pressing stronger is activating different action, but until this zone something different works (eg. zoom in sniper rifle -> shoot) I know that now it is possible even now, but I have to play with changing size of zones. Some button which is adjusting it automatically would be very helpful.
    New controllers are always welcome. Thank you for update and we are waiting for more!
    Hey there! Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Your ideas sound pretty cool, but we will need some research to see what is possible here. At the moment, reWASD works with Xbox Impulse Triggers, but we do not change the frequency of the vibration. Will check if it is possible, thank you!

As for the "adaptive zones": am I right that you want choose a pattern, let's say Full Press, and when you press the trigger up to Full Press starting point, you get an additional mapping, just like if some Zone starts here? If yes, it is possible. Still, will need to discuss this idea with a team, so I won't promise you any fast updates

Leave a comment:

• 1ncorrect
    replied
    Originally Posted by Jaknet13 View Post

Excellent news and it means I no longer have to worry about constantly changing my layout when checking what I've got assigned where and pressing inputs at the same time.
    Exactly! Thank you for your feedback.

Leave a comment:

• FlameMan
    replied
    Adaptive triggers are very nice. This is something what I've expected and I'm happy about. Two ideas how to improve:
    • I like vibration pattern for adaptive triggers, but it would be nice to share this config with Xbox's Impulse Trigger Vibration. I mean, when importing config which has Impulse Trigger Vibration configured, it will be automatically assigned as Vibration Adaptive Triggers when DualSense is receiver of this config. The same in other way, configs with Dual Sense adaptive triggers configured will work for Xbox One/Elite/X gamepads as Impulse Trigger Vibration. Maybe not every adaptive pattern, but rifle and vibration should be shared.
    • I would like have automatically configured activation zones when selecting adaptive tigger vibration. I would like to use full press, soft press and other presses in a way like it works for Steam Controller. Pressing stronger is activating different action, but until this zone something different works (eg. zoom in sniper rifle -> shoot) I know that now it is possible even now, but I have to play with changing size of zones. Some button which is adjusting it automatically would be very helpful.
    New controllers are always welcome. Thank you for update and we are waiting for more!

Leave a comment:

• Jaknet13
    replied
    • Check Read-only GUI mode
    We hope this feature will be handy. If you need to check settings, mappings, descriptions in reWASD GUI but want to be sure that nothing is changed accidentally, please do not forget to press Read-only mode icon at the top-left corner of the main window.
    Excellent news and it means I no longer have to worry about constantly changing my layout when checking what I've got assigned where and pressing inputs at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Meet Cyborg and Adaptive Triggers of DualSense in reWASD 5.8.1!

Hey folks, today we have great news to share — reWADS 5.8.1 is released! Let’s check what we have here
    • Apply different presets to adaptive triggers of DualSense
    We have added DualSense support about a year ago, and now this controller gets a new perk — our predefined presets for adaptive triggers. Imitate the Full Press, add a bit of Rigidity, check a Choppy trigger or emulate the sound of the automatiс gun with the trigger's vibration. And do not hesitate to share your feedback
    • Remap Azeron Cyborg
    The wait is over Wolfsblut and other Azeron fans here!

Azeron Cyborg is now fully remappable in reWASD. You can also use the configs you have created in reWASD for Azeron Classic and just adjust 5 new mappings to 3 new buttons and 2 buttons that are replaced in the new model.
    • Check Read-only GUI mode
    We hope this feature will be handy. If you need to check settings, mappings, descriptions in reWASD GUI but want to be sure that nothing is changed accidentally, please do not forget to press Read-only mode icon at the top-left corner of the main window.
    • Print Descriptions in addition to Mappings
    Small improvement for those who print their configs. Now you will be able to choose whether you print a table of mappings or a table of descriptions. Just like you want it to be
    • Remap PowerA Spectra Enhanced Wired Controller and PDP Afterglow Wired Controller for Nintendo Switch like Switch Pro

The list of fixes is here:
    • Fixed: Random white keyboard icons appear in Combo Editor
    • Fixed: Foot pedal disappears from GUI after the initialization before GUI restart
    • Fixed: Background agent randomly crashes when the system wakes up
Working...
X