Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Controller, Virtual DS3, refreshed design — in reWASD 6.3, out now!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Controller, Virtual DS3, refreshed design — in reWASD 6.3, out now!

Hello!

We are happy to let you know that reWASD 6.3 is out — hope you will have a great time with it this weekend
    • Discover Mobile Controller feature to turn your Android device to the gamepad
    Turn your device to the controller — to use it with a PC or console. Create Gamepad — fully adjustable layout with touchpad, gyroscope, and rotation sensors.

Try our Control Pad — a customizable panel that you may remap to suit any needs. Use your phone as a Touchpad and remap it to the mouse for the PC.

Share your thoughts and ideas — this is just the beginning of Junior powers
    • Remap Xbox Elite Series 2 paddles using firmware version 5.13+
    Now officially out! Please do not forget to unmap paddles in Xbox Accessories before you go. Also, check this guide about how to remap Xbox Elite Series 2 for more details.
    • Say hello to the Virtual DualShock 3 controller
    …and emulate analog face buttons on any device!
    • Group the disconnected devices, and Apply configs to them
    Do not lose your gamepad once it is disconnected. Now it will be always on, and you will be able to continue adjusting configs for it.
    • Explore a redesigned interface to help your flow
    This is huge — a picture is worth a thousand words

Use reWASD powers to remap Razer Wolverine V2 as Series X | S

…with a new stylish image!

We would be happy to get your feedback. The list of fixes is below:
    • Fixed: Several issues with Xbox LEDs
    • Fixed: Various GUI and Engine crashes

This is amazing! I've already purchased the Mobile Controller feature and have tinkered around with it. The Gamepad mode works very well and I've already seen people on youtube playing Valorant with it. I don't know how often I'll actually use it since I like my tactile buttons but the mouse stuff works so smoothly on it. In fact, I have a work in progress gyro mouse + shortcuts profile that I can use to operate my computer while lying down. It works sooo good. I'm most excited about the Control Pad mode though. When you first announced the Junior app I had asked about doing something like this in order to make a cheap Elgato StreamDeck with just a tablet. And that dream is mostly here. All that's left is the ability to assign an icon to each button rather than a number.

Aside from icons, the only other request I have is to add the Trackball mode from the Steam Controller's trackpads to the touchpad function of the Mobile Controller.

The UI looks slick! Definitely has a more modern feel and the Layer drop down box is more friendly to a custom number of layers per config (if that's still in the pipeline 😉). And being able to work on configs while a controller is powered down is soooo nice. Also thanks for adding the Apex's A-Stick to the Shortcuts.

Finally, I've been quiet on the forum for a while but I wanted to thank y'all for the update that allowed Slot position to persist across device states. I use a controller for live recording/streaming and sometimes it goes to sleep midway through. Being able to wake it up and get right back to what I was doing is a small thing but a huge stress relief for me.

edit: How do you emulate the analog face buttons of the Virtual DS3? I was expecting to find something like "X (soft)" or "Triangle (Firm)" in the bindings list but didn't.
    Last edited by CriticalComposer; 17.09.2022, 02:56.

Comment

• reWASDer
      reWASDer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for much for your feedback!

Originally Posted by CriticalComposer View Post
    edit: How do you emulate the analog face buttons of the Virtual DS3? I was expecting to find something like "X (soft)" or "Triangle (Firm)" in the bindings list but didn't.
    When emulating a DS3 you can use Combo to map the button, there it will give you the option of a % it should map to Similar to how you could do the same with LT/RT before.

Comment

Great update as usual! One thing that may be an issue; "Do not lose your gamepad once it is disconnected", this seems to function by keeping the remap active even when turning the physical controller off. Is there a way of going back to previous behaviour, where turning off the controller would also turn off the remap (and turning the controller on again would also turn ON the remap)? Thanks for all your work!

Comment

This update means that reWASD does not forget the device when disconnected, it always shows it, even if it has only been connected once - grayed out. Disconnected devices can be grouped, configured configs, applied configs - in fact, applied then automatically when connected
        We didn't change the behavior

Or maybe I missed something?

Comment

Well, before this new update, when I disconnected my controller the remap would turn off, meaning my PC would see no gamepad connected. After this update my PC always sees a 360 controller connected, even if my physical (ds4) controller is not turned on.

Before: turning controller on would also turn the remap on. Turning off my controller would also turn off the remap, disconnecting the virtual 360 pad as well.
          After: the remap turns on at windows startup, even if my controller is not on. Turning my physical controller off DOES NOT turn off the remap, meaning my PC still sees the emulated 360 pad even when no actual controller is connected.

Comment

OMG. This update is one of the best. Software is getting better and better!

First: GUI - it's a really significant improvement. Everything looks so good and modern. Moving from SteamInput GUI or upgrading from DS4Windows, people will not feel lost or thinking why it works differently and they have to adapt. Really, a great upgrade.

Second: Virtual DS3. I was not expecting to receive it so fast, a wonderful present. I see that pressure-sensitive buttons are managed via macros. Good idea. I've tested Shield Controller and Dual Sense with PCSX2 and RPCS3. PCSX2 looks like working for me out of the box. Lilypad in "DualShock 3 Native Mode" recognizes pressure-sensitive values sent via "PS3 Controller". I did not check yet with PS2 games, but probably it works.
            With RPCS3, Virtual Controller is not working at all for me. Only changing to virtual DS4 makes that RPCS3 sees controller as DS4. Virtual DS3 is not recognized. Unfortunately, I am not able to check with PlayStation Plus on PC. GInput for GTA3/VC/SA probably does not work because it works with SCP server or DsHidMini, but I have to test it.
            I saw that it's not possible to assign DualSense gyro to DS3 motion controls, so I suppose it is not supported yet. The same with external controller function. Maybe later it's worth to work on this feature. Connecting to old PS3 consoles and being able to use motion controls from newer controllers will be great alternative for saturated DS3 controllers, which are disappearing from shops.
            Virtual DS3 is a great feature and for sure will help people who likes retro gaming.

Third: reWASD Junior! Oh WOW! This is the best mobile app controller available on the market. I was not expecting that it will be so good. I was able to group my iPega 9083s with phone, emulate DS4 and run Steam games it was comfortable and even I was able to remap phone gyro into "steam's gyro mouse" which moves a bit different than reWASD's. It was mind blowing. I love how we are able to use triggers on mobile phone - analog (drag) and analog (hold) are one of the best triggers implementations. Clickable virtual sticks are great too. I have found a few spots where is place for optional improvements which can be activated in options menu.
            • Why gyro is available only in GamePad mode? Touchpad mode would be natural selection for me, when I am grouping it with iPega controllers. But I have to select smaller "Game Pad" as Touchpad is not supporting it. Gyro on control Pad can be useful too.
            • No vibrations? My iPega does not have rumble motors, but phone can vibrate. It would be nice to have haptic feedback in this way.
            • I have grouped iPega controller with Nvidia Shield Tablet. All works good, but touchpad in Game Pad mode is not scalling nicely, leaving "touchpad" zone very small. Could be bigger on such big screen.
            • Touchpad profile has great potential to emulate DS4 features. Maybe it's worth to add in the top or bottom stripe which can emulate DS4's light bar? Or maybe on the sides, like DualSense has? Some games supports light bars and it would be nice to have them as virtual alternative on mobile phones.
            • Control Pad looks for me like old application - Roccat Power-Grid. It was very great app where I was able to utilize many combos. reWASD is able to do it, but maybe it will be possible to upload there our own images like Power-Grid had? btw. I love way how L & R triggers are working in Control Pad.
            • I am using on Android one nice application - Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse. I think it would be worth to implement one controller which works completely like laptop touchpad with touchpad gestures (two finger swipe, three finger swipe, four finger swipe etc.) Some users would be able to remove other applications. Additionaly it's possible to add there icon which activates android keyboard which can help send text from phone to Windows.
            • Maybe it's possible to use Speaker from phone? Death Stranding has option where BB Voice Output can be assigned to separate audio output like it is on PlayStation for DS4 or DualSense. This option as optional would make reWASD Junior gamepad complete alternative for PlayStation's controllers.
            • Draggable ABXY/triggers/bumpers buttons like we have in xCloud application. It's good to have virtual right and left sticks, but some games requires from us throw granade or start shooting in specific direction. It's difficult to have left finger on left stick for movement and right hand to press button and move right stick. This is why they have merged for some buttons buttons with right stick, so for example, pressing RB allows to drag button on right and it works like pressing RB button and moving right RS. Works great and makes easier to aim.
            • LS and RS as background for left and right half of phone. It is great improvement on some mobile games (eg. KotOR). We have normal buttons placed in virtual controller, but Left and right stick can be hidden and will activate everywhere on the background of left or right phone's half. It means that if I will press empty space (where is no any button) then application treats it as I am moving left or right stick and allows me to move character or camera. I can achieve this with moving touchpad in Gamepad profile and resize it to half of phone and apply in reWASD analog mode to emulate mouse. But in mobile games it emulates right and left stick instead of mouse. And having resized touchpad on half of profile will not look good. It should work like this: left half of phone where is not placed any button moves left stick, right half of phone where is not placed any button moves right stick.
            • Possibility to rotate application upside-down. I am always turning on reWASD Junior and gamepad is displayed upside-down and I have to attach phone from different side. Seems that more comfortable for me is the *wrong* side of my phone. 😉
            From yesterday I am having fun with my controllers attached to phones and tablets. Now EVERY of them can use great gyro aiming and I love this implementation. ReWASD Junior works great as virtual controller and I believe that in the future will be even more useful tool.

Comment

Originally Posted by jjj333 View Post
              Well, before this new update, when I disconnected my controller the remap would turn off, meaning my PC would see no gamepad connected. After this update my PC always sees a 360 controller connected, even if my physical (ds4) controller is not turned on.

Before: turning controller on would also turn the remap on. Turning off my controller would also turn off the remap, disconnecting the virtual 360 pad as well.
              After: the remap turns on at windows startup, even if my controller is not on. Turning my physical controller off DOES NOT turn off the remap, meaning my PC still sees the emulated 360 pad even when no actual controller is connected.
              Got your point, thank you for the description. We will implement this options in the next update

Comment

FlameMan Thanks a lot for your kind words

We will check your suggestions with a team, thank you for sharing!

At the moment, I could say that our Virtual DS3 controller will work with the console, in one of the next versions. Some other ideas are also already in our backlog

Draggable ABXY/triggers/bumpers buttons
                I am not sure if I get this suggestion correctly. You can drag the buttons as you wish. Please check the guide here. Or maybe I misunderstood you?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

Got your point, thank you for the description. We will implement this options in the next update
                  Great, thanks a lot! Thanks for all you guys' work!

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                    I am not sure if I get this suggestion correctly. You can drag the buttons as you wish. Please check the guide here. Or maybe I misunderstood you?
                    Not exactly. I did not mean editing layout, but dragging already placed buttons in ready on-screen layout. Like some buttons additionally will work as sticks and automatically activating different actions - shooting on tap and allowing move trigger in the radius if we will start dragging RT. Useful in FPS games. You can see it on below video at 6:31.

Movement button has radius as left stick, eye button has radius as right stick. And additionally left ammo button has optional radius too in case if we want to shoot and aim at the same time (right trigger on tap + dragging is moving right stick). It's possible to achieve with allowing to place few sticks to layout, but I think allowing to drag other buttons would be easier.

The same draggable ammo button for shooting has CoD Mobile, timestamp, 5:02:

Comment

Got it, thank you! Something like this is already planned, so hope we will be able to make it work flawlessly

Comment

Originally Posted by FlameMan View Post

With RPCS3, Virtual Controller is not working at all for me. Only changing to virtual DS4 makes that RPCS3 sees controller as DS4. Virtual DS3 is not recognized. Unfortunately, I am not able to check with PlayStation Plus on PC.
                        Small follow-up. We have tested RPCS3 — and it works with our virtual DS3 controller, but you need sixaxis driver. Also, in this case, you should not use libusb — only one driver should be used.

Comment

Good to know. Do you mean official PlayStation's DualShock 3 drivers? I will test it in this way. I did not think that I need to install them even for other controllers. I will do it.
                          I think it will be good to write on reWASD blog or/and record YouTube video how to use pressure-sensitive buttons in PlayStation Plus, RPCS3 and PCSX2 (maybe GInput workaround?). It will be easier to configure properly reWASD and can work as good advertisement.

Comment

We have no plans to write about it on the reWASD blog or record a YouTube video, however, thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                            X