This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ๐Ÿš€๐ŸŽฎ reWASD 8.0 - Finally here! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿš€

Weโ€™re happy to introduce you to our latest reWASD release, packed with a brand-new subscription model, your personal area within the app, and more!

Hereโ€™s what we cooked:

๐Ÿ”น New Subscription Model: Enjoy the flexibility of our new subscription model while old licenses continue to work as usual.

๐Ÿ”น Account Update: Now requires authorization via your reWASD account (previously daemon-tools.cc).

๐Ÿ”น License Management: Easy management of subscriptions and legacy licenses directly within the app.

๐Ÿ”น Gyroscope Support: Added support for the third gyroscope axis in Flydigi Vader 3 Pro.

๐Ÿ”น Controller Support: Full compatibility with the Azeron Cyborg V2 controller.

๐Ÿ”น Localization: Weโ€™ve added Korean localization for our Korean-speaking users.

๐Ÿ”น Game Compatibility: Removed compatibility restrictions for certain games.

Bug fixes: ๐Ÿ”ง Resolved issues with virtual controller button hold time, trigger deadzone for digital mappings, DS3 default button behavior, Radial Menu command, and config management bugs.

And answering your questions straight away:

1. What features are included in the reWASD subscription?

The reWASD subscription gives you access to all available functionality, including advanced features.

2. Is there a trial available for reWASD?

Yes, reWASD offers a 7-day free trial that provides full access to all features, allowing you to explore the software before committing to a subscription. The trial can be used on up to 2 PCs, giving you the flexibility to test the software on multiple devices and see if it meets your needs before making a purchase.

3. Is there a list of plans available?

3.1. One-year subscription for 1 PC. Easy, Accessible, Comfortable. All of the features and updates coming are included.

3.2. One-year subscription for 2 PCโ€™s. All of the same but for two devices and itโ€™s cheaper. All of the features and updates coming are included.

3.3. One-year subscription for 5 PCโ€™s. Get the whole squad playing and save some money for snacks. All of the features and updates coming are included.

3.4. Lifetime subscription for 1 PC. All of the fixes and updates coming are included. Provides you only with the number of features available at the time of purchase. Incoming features may require additional charges.

4. Why should I switch to a subscription if I already have the reWASD license?

You donโ€™t have to if you donโ€™t want to!

If you own a legacy license, there is no need to switch right away, unless you need advanced features that are not included in your current license. Whether you own a reWASD full pack, a basic license, or a basic license with some advanced featuresโ€”it will continue to work as it is, under the terms on which it was purchased.

But, if you donโ€™t have the full pack but require access to all available features, or if you need to use reWASD on more than one device, switching to a subscription might be an option for you.

Ultimately, the choice is yours. You are free to continue using your existing legacy license under the terms it was purchased, without any obligation to switch to a subscription.

Still have something to ask? Check out our Help Page or contact our Customer Support!

Thank you for your continued support! Dive into new realities with reWASD 8.0. ๐ŸŽ‰

Click image for larger version  Name:	release-twitter(1).png Views:	668 Size:	984.8 KB ID:	243902

โ€‹
    Last edited by akima; 11.10.2024, 06:23.

+1 to lifetime license (i would have been happy with paying for yearly version - but never subscription)

Comment

Will 7.3.0 continue to install without activation issues in the future?

Comment

๐Ÿ”น Game Compatibility: Removed compatibility restrictions for certain games.

so its working now with games like call of duty like in the past ?

Comment

tijโ€‹ Please clarify what you mean by "yearly version" and how it differs from "yearly subscription."

Mobeeuz All available versions before 8.0.0 will still work with legacy lifetime licenses. To use a subscription, you would have to install the latest version of reWASD.

bushez It should be. However, we still do not recommend using any features of reWASD that are considered cheating in multiplayer games (Combo, Turbo, etc.)

Comment

You can try to phrase it however you want, but switching to this subscription model screams "We are greedy as hell and want that sweet yearly sub money. Lifetime license purchasers who paid you money for this back when this program was an unknown should get access to all features in all updates, without the need for a subscription. We supported you when you were small, now that your getting well known you betray us. You had a great product going, shame you had to go the way of Microsuck and other big greedy companies. Disgusting.

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
              tijโ€‹ Please clarify what you mean by "yearly version" and how it differs from "yearly subscription."
              This was mentioned earlier in a post that announced change to subscription model (I cannot find it anymore).

Several people (including me) suggested "Yearly version" model. Basically, each year new version comes.

For example ... next year version 9 comes

1. New people just buy Version 9
              2. People with version 8 and earlier can pay to upgrade to Version 9 at discount for limited time (say 2 month) after that if they want to upgrade they pay full price
              3. Development of previous version stop (maybe with exception of fixing major bugs in Version 8 for one year)
              4. next year version 10 ... and so on

It differs from subscription in major way - if i buy Version 9 ... I have access to it forever ... in subscription - if my subscription ends, then I have access to nothing.

This model is quite popular with this type of product (it was listed in previous post I mentioned) - JRiver Media Center, LaunchBox, etc.

PS. But I am satisfied as you keep option for "Lifetime" license ... which I will be using if I need more licenses

Comment

I am sorry ... carefully reading on subscription/buy page ... "Lifetime" license is kinda like "Yearly version" ... you buy current version with all the updates only up to date of purchase:

"Cover fixes and all updates of features available at the time of purchase"

I disagree with "Lifetime" terms. I think it should be:

1. You buy version 8 - and it covers all current AND future updates of that version (8.1, 8.15, 8.2, etc.) ... it will not cover major updates like 9, 10, 11, etc
                2. You should only release major updates yearly ... so version 9 does not come out until September next year (it would piss a lot of customers if they buy "Lifetime" now - only to find out that week later there is some feature added that needs another "Lifetime" purchase)
                3. You should support previous version (in this case version 7) for some time ... no new features - just fix major bugs (if any) ... ideally for one year, but i can live with 6 month (to show that you are not just abandoning previous version and its users)
                4. You should offer discount for Version 8 for existing "Lifetime" people ... for limited time of course - 2-3 month (to show appreciation to people who continuously support your product)

I gladly buy/upgrade my lifetime license immediately (i do like to support developers ... so they don't go bankrupt and the product disappears) ... but currently ... it feels like a trap ... i buy now - 2 weeks later feature that i want comes out (500hz polling for Virtual DS4 and mapping of stick to gyro for physical controller) ... then i have to spend another 50USD to just get that ... feels unfair

Comment

Originally Posted by RCo69 View Post
                  You can try to phrase it however you want, but switching to this subscription model screams "We are greedy as hell and want that sweet yearly sub money. Lifetime license purchasers who paid you money for this back when this program was an unknown should get access to all features in all updates, without the need for a subscription. We supported you when you were small, now that your getting well known you betray us. You had a great product going, shame you had to go the way of Microsuck and other big greedy companies. Disgusting.
                  If you are the owner of a legacy license, then its functionality, bug fixes and customer support will remain with you for life. And our main message is that if you are satisfied with the functionality that you have within the lifetime license, then there is no need to switch to a subscription.

It is important to us that people who supported us by purchasing a lifetime license earlier could continue using the software without any issues.

Comment

Hi everyone.. Iโ€™ve bought the โ€œlifetimeโ€ license 20 months ago but I uninstall it on january after activionโ€™s ban.. I would like to install it again to test the new version, is my license key still valid as lifetime ? Thanks

Comment

Hi kun_84

Serial numbers, financial info, and download links to all app versions are always available in your DAEMON Tools or reWASD personal account.
                      Use the email you provided at the time of purchase as your login.

Comment

For example, out of the above features available for version 8, what is included in the subscription and what is not. For example, if I have a permanent license, is "korean localization" included? Or what about the minor addition to the Vader 3 Pro? Is the extra axis added still included on my 'old' licesnse, or is a feature only included in the subscription?

Comment

For example, if I have a permanent license, is "korean localization" included? Or what about the minor addition to the Vader 3 Pro? Is the extra axis added still included on my 'old' licesnse, or is a feature only included in the subscription?
                          All of that is just regular updates.
                          So you will get them no matter what type of license/subscription you have.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

If you are the owner of a legacy license, then its functionality, bug fixes and customer support will remain with you for life. And our main message is that if you are satisfied with the functionality that you have within the lifetime license, then there is no need to switch to a subscription.

It is important to us that people who supported us by purchasing a lifetime license earlier could continue using the software without any issues.
                            problem with legacy license is that it will be stuck at that state forever, no new features that could be added anymore. in that sense is there even a point of using newer software version if you can't have new features anyway? would be nice if legacy license could be properly upgraded like they used to.

Comment

Originally Posted by x.iso View Post
                              problem with legacy license is that it will be stuck at that state forever, no new features that could be added anymore. in that sense is there even a point of using newer software version if you can't have new features anyway? would be nice if legacy license could be properly upgraded like they used to.
                              I'm sure there will be options for that once the time comes.

Comment

Working...
                              X