How did you discover reWASD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you discover reWASD?

We always share as much info about reWASD as possible and would be happy to know more about our amazing customers :satisfied:

How did you find us? Did you install reWASD for some particular feature or game? For how long are you using the app?

TBH, I can't remember. But I thank you everyday. You have no idea what it means as a PC gamer to use a PS3 NAV controller wirelessly to play Warzone and MW... priceless

Comment

bojote Yay! Thanks for your kind words

Comment

I had a comment from the reWASD social media team on my video about Steam Input gaining support for the Switch Pro Controller (I used to run a youtube channel called Critical Input that was all about using controllers on PC). We had a little discussion about the strengths and weaknesses of both softwares. I kept it in mind as a great alternative that was missing a couple of key features for me at the time -- gyro support and Steam Controller support. At one point I remember sharing with the Steam Controller subreddit about some cool ideas that reWASD had like macros and triple taps. Sometime in mid 2019 I purchased reWASD as a sort of "putting my money where my mouth was" and asked for Steam Controller support in these forums. I didn't install it until Jan 2020 when I decided to make the hardware switch from the SC to the DS4 explicitly so that I wouldn't be tied down to Steam anymore (though I needed to run reWASD alongside JoyShockMapper at the time for gyro functionality). That same month I made a video about what Steam Input could learn from reWASD and JoyShockMapper. I've had it installed ever since and have even been able to uninstall JSM since reWASD's gyro is fantastic these days.

Comment

Gyro was a big task for us. Great to know that it works flawlessly and thanks for your help

Comment

It's been a few years, I cannot remember what year exactly, but I ran across yourselves when I was on FB for a very brief period of time.

I've been using various remapping software for many years (53 here) both generic and manufacturer device specific and I really like the way reWASD looks and works and supports macros

Labels are wonderful and for remapping controls to a gamepad to have the actual control (LB, Right Trigger, A Button) instead of the usual button number 12, for example, and then trying to work out what input on the controller is classed as button 12, it just makes controllers so much easier to work with.

Steam controller support was a major addition and the Azeron support was just outstanding timing.

Love that you aren't purely game focused as I use various different controllers for controlling the PC depending on where I'm sitting and what I want to do.

Edit.... the one downside I do find is that fact that when talking to anyone "reWASD" really doesn't roll off the tongue very well...lol
            Last edited by Jaknet13; 27.01.2021, 10:47.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback

Trying to make each supported device to be shown properly is important for us too. We do not like the partial solutions

Edit.... the one downside I do find is that fact that when talking to anyone "reWASD" really doesn't roll off the tongue very well...lol
              Oops, lol. Hm, try to pronounce W as V and A as ɑː to make it sound shorter

Comment

Lol... That's better than "re double u, eh, ess, de"

IIRC when I first got reWASD it was before any of the advanced features existed and there was only the single (now basic) license available to buy, how ever long ago that was.

Comment

Originally Posted by bojote View Post
                  TBH, I can't remember. But I thank you everyday. You have no idea what it means as a PC gamer to use a PS3 NAV controller wirelessly to play Warzone and MW... priceless
                  Plus one here. Such invaluable software. I just love the customization that is possible. I can add a few suggestions though - Individual button press times (as in customizing the press and hold time on any individual button) is that possible? And analogue stick rotation? Is this possible? Already you can set the size of the 8 directions on the analogue stick, but I have wondered if you could adjust the rotation at all. Holding the Nav in one hand I have noticed that my push forwards isn't actually forward at all and more diagonally right.

Anyway, having used a variety of key mapping software and xinput mappers etc. in the past, nothing comes close to this program.

Great work guys - worth every penny.

How did I discover it? Constantly looking out for better software than I was currently using - at this point I am no longer doing that.
                  Last edited by leeray666; 05.02.2021, 13:35.

Comment

Thank you for your post

Analog stick rotation is coming soon, we are planning to release this feature in reWASD 5.6.2 sooner than you may expect

As for the press times for each buttons, this will take longer. Your suggestion is taken into account, but I can't promise any fast solutions here. Stay tuned!

Comment

So... It happened! reWASD 5.6.2 is out, Rotation options has been added to sticks and trackpads.

Comment

two years ago i got my nintendo switch. i've tried gyro before on a ps4 and nintendo switch pro controller before; however, one stick in each hand with the right-hand controller acting as a laser pointer made me fall in love with the joycon's gyro. my biggest gripes about the switch are that they don't have the big fps games that i normally play on the more beefier consoles and the frames really put me at a disadvantage in multiplayer shooter games. i had this idea of playing crossplay games on pc to solve both problems, but what i still couldn't solve was finding a program that would allow me to fully utilize gyro specifically with joycons on pc. after some google searches, i came across reWASD and basically followed their updates for over a year while waiting on gyro. finally, their true gyro update came out on Christmas last year and was then perfected last month when i voiced my technical issues with them (thanks again for that!).

reWASD has been the answer i've been waiting on for two years and have made gaming a lot more fun for me!

Comment

Wow, two years! There are so many different things we are working on, so it may take time. But, more features are coming

Comment

I found it because I got Diablo III and after playing it on my cousins switch.. I didn't wanna let go of controller support and searched for tools exactly like this... eventually tried out reWASD and then bought the $20 package soon after. This happened in the past couple days btw... best software I have purchased in a long time tbh...

Comment

I would also like to add, I looked into other software and since this one looked the most modernized and still had active community members as well as having a free trial.. I went with reWASD.

Comment

Working...
                              X