Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an appreciation post.

Hello there.

I reinstalled the good old Battlefield 1942 with an HD overhaul mod and i'm having a blast since then.
    When I was playing back in the day, I didnt' use a controller (and actually, I never thought about it) but a few days ago, I thought it would be a good idea to have a better control of the planes and other aerial vehicles.

So I tried using both my PS4 controller and XboxOne controller, none worked.

So I did a bit of research on the internet, only to learn on different forums, with sometimes very old posts, that the game was very little compatible with controlelrs, then and now, or even not compatible at all.

So I thought that programs like Xpadder could do the trick. They did, but the game absolutely refused to make the right joystick work.
    And there started a long period of testing different remapping programs (won't name them here, I already named one, I don't wanna encourage the competition), tried maybe 4 or 5 of them before discovering Rewasd.
    Installed it and boom ! Immediately all buttons and sticks were recognized by the game and usable !

So thank you, devs! You ended a long search, and now i'm having even more of a blast controlling the plane just like I want to :happyface:

Thank you so much for your feedback! It's a pleasure to know that reWASD helps get the most convenient gaming experience you wish.

Comment

ReWASD allow me to play Forza5 with my PS4 controller. In the past, i was needed to use Steam for this. Now i'm not bound to steam any more. Really love it, i hope the gyro aiming stuff(mouse joystick mode) will be improved more in future updates.

Comment

"Now i'm not bound to steam any more"

This is exactly what pushed me to reWASD. I made 4 years worth of content for Steam Input but Steam was never my home platform (I'm a GOG fan) and despite knowing how to manipulate Steam to properly hook into finicky processes (I made tutorial videos for GloSC, OSOL, and XInputPlus to get the Steam Controller working with picky games or DirectInput games) I got tired of being shackled to a store. The last straw was when I started using Playnite and couldn't really use my Steam Controller in it -- Steam could hook into it but not games it launched without some third party magic to get Steam to change what process it was hooked into. I got fed up and decided to give reWASD a shot. That was almost two years ago and I haven't looked back! On paper Steam Input is still more powerful but for 99% of my usage reWASD does everything I need it to do -- and I consider myself a power user who needs expanded capabilities.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback CriticalComposer !

Comment

Hello dufte !

Great to know that reWASD makes your gaming experience better!

Could you please describe what exactly you are looking for in Gyro? Basically, when you map Mouse in Gyro mode you should get pretty similar thing as Mouse Joystick mode in Steam. Which difference do you see?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              Hello dufte !

Great to know that reWASD makes your gaming experience better!

Could you please describe what exactly you are looking for in Gyro? Basically, when you map Mouse in Gyro mode you should get pretty similar thing as Mouse Joystick mode in Steam. Which difference do you see?
              Made a feature request already: https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...019#post227019

Comment

Originally Posted by dufte View Post
                This one is noted. Thank you

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

This one is noted. Thank you
                  Hi i bought your software and i love it!! Thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X