Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried the combo feature on Nintendo Switch online? Is it relatively safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried the combo feature on Nintendo Switch online? Is it relatively safe?

Hi all, new here

I was just curious if anyone has tried the combo features on Nintendo Switch? I made a basic combo for casual use, but I am not sure how safe it would be with friends in the casual online arenas. As far as I know, even if someone was super salty for some reason, there is no way to report players on Switch online. So the only thing that could affect me is Nintendo somehow knowing the program is running and auto banning. Anyone have any insight on how safe it would be to use? I know its never 100%, but I read Nintendo bans the whole console so was hoping to get some feedback before I tried it

Nintendo Switch Online seems to be a subscription for online play with some additional benefits.

Consoles are considered to be cheat-free, so I don't think you can get banned there for something cheat-related.
    There are also a lot of 3rd party controllers for Switch with built-in macro features. Their continued existence also tips toward Nintendo having nothing against macro commands in general.

But if there are some anti-cheat measures against macro commands on Nintendo Switch, it would be based on analyzing user inputs, as the game running on a Switch console would not be able to detect a reWASD app running on a PC.

Summary: it is highly unlikely to receive a ban for using macro commands (including Combo) on consoles. But if you are in doubt, contact the game's or console Support Team and ask directly.

Comment

Oh okay. So the combo remap of a button would be read as a combo and not that button as far as Nintendo can see? So like I remapped the X button and the left bumper to be mirror inputs of forward, down, downforward, A. And left and right arrows are mirrors of forward, down, downforward. Does the console disregard the actual button and just register the macro inputs? And thank you so much for the reply!

Comment

It is possible to do this either way:
        • If you would [Mute] the mapping, only the [Combo] will be sent.
        • If you would set the [Combo] on the [Start Press] activator, both the button and the [Combo] will be sent.

Comment

Oh okay cool. So selecting Mute is telling the console you're just entering the combo input, and without mute its kind of acting like a macro button would on one of those other controllers?

Comment

Selecting [Mute] prevents the native input.

For example, you have the [A] button remapped to [B] with the [Mute] flag set. The result of pressing [A] would be only [B]. Without the [Mute] flag it would be [A]+[B].

Comment

Okay gotcha. I will see if the other macro controllers are allowed in online casual play. If they are I'm sure rewasd would be fine. Thanks so much for the info!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                Nintendo Switch Online seems to be a subscription for online play with some additional benefits. Consoles are considered to be cheat-free, so I don't think you can get banned there for something cheat-related.
                There are also a lot of 3rd party controllers for Switch with built-in macro features. Their continued existence also tips toward Nintendo having nothing against macro commands in general.

But if there are some anti-cheat measures against macro commands on Nintendo Switch, it would be based on analyzing user inputs, as the game running on a Switch console would not be able to detect a reWASD app running on a PC.

Summary: it is highly unlikely to receive a ban for using macro commands (including Combo) on consoles. But if you are in doubt, contact the game's or console Support Team and ask directly.
                I think the problem of fraud should be highly promoted. I don't like this. I don't think this is too strict.

Comment

Working...
                X