Default profile for Autodetect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default profile for Autodetect

Hi. The Autodetect is OK, i think it would be awesome if we had a default profile to fallback. I know that there is the "Delete applies config on exit..." option, but i`ll give an example:
    Let`s say that I have a profile applied for The Witcher and another for Desktop.. I start the game, the Witcher profile applies, all is good, BUT when i ALT+TAB, maybe i alt tab to my Notepad++ which isn`t registered to the Desktop profile (can be any app..Winrar or idk thousands other). So the profile stays in the Witcher, or..if the "Delete applies.." option is checked, I get NO profile. So now i have to get the mouse, add Notepad++ to the Desktop profile .I have to do this with every other app that is not registered to the Desktop profile and I only need basic mouse movements ,clicks and such. Now, if i had a Default profile to fallback to , I would always have the "mouse" available to do things or enter a program for which i have a profile.
    I hope you understood me, thank you. Cheers.

Hello,
    Please specify, has the Desktop profile been modified or created as new? Do all processed initially set are for autodetect present - http://joxi.net/GrqX8GMS4YK3GA. So, after switching from Witcher to Desktop the controller doesn't respond if the other process is not in the Desktop associated app?
    Please uncheck "Delete applied config..." option and you always will switch to the Desktop config even if some app process is not associated (wait a bit to switch for sure).
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thank you. Great. I unchecked "Delete applied" and i think is now working. Ill test more tomorrow..it was a loong day at work today. Sorry i posted here, i guess it was more appropriate to post in the technical question forums , but i thought it wasn't implemented like that. Great software!

Comment

Thank for letting us know!

reWASD has many options and settings, so do not hesitate to ask about our features in any forum

Comment

Hi. After having this software for a time, and tested it for multiple games, I still believe that Your approach with the "default" profile is not that good. There are multiple cases when I must reach out for the mouse in case of alt tabbing from a game, even if I have the desktop profile setup with everything.
          For a real example: I am in Ac Odyssey, with a profile setup for virtual controller (a button does another button's action..and more). I also happens to have CheatEngine started. Now if I alt tab from the game..and it goes first to the Cheat Engine window, boom..I am stuck with the game's profile on a non game window..I know..you say that I can add that exe to the Desktop profile...but then again I have another app, like that from github, with the Youtube Desktop music..Now I also have to add that or my profile won't change from the game if it Alt Tabs to it...again. And for every program that somehow is NOT recognized by reWasd , I have to add it to the desktop profile. And it is kinda frustrating, if You're like me, installing and uninstalling alot of programs.
          I keep my opinion that a truly default profile would be needed, so that when rewasd detects that the game doesn't have the focus, it will switch to that (if the focused program doesn't have a profile on his own) no matter what I have on focus. I had other remapping software that did that, without me requiring to do the tedious process of adding an exe every time ..
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by saberX View Post
            Hi. After having this software for a time, and tested it for multiple games, I still believe that Your approach with the "default" profile is not that good. There are multiple cases when I must reach out for the mouse in case of alt tabbing from a game, even if I have the desktop profile setup with everything.
            For a real example: I am in Ac Odyssey, with a profile setup for virtual controller (a button does another button's action..and more). I also happens to have CheatEngine started. Now if I alt tab from the game..and it goes first to the Cheat Engine window, boom..I am stuck with the game's profile on a non game window..I know..you say that I can add that exe to the Desktop profile...but then again I have another app, like that from github, with the Youtube Desktop music..Now I also have to add that or my profile won't change from the game if it Alt Tabs to it...again. And for every program that somehow is NOT recognized by reWasd , I have to add it to the desktop profile. And it is kinda frustrating, if You're like me, installing and uninstalling alot of programs.
            I keep my opinion that a truly default profile would be needed, so that when rewasd detects that the game doesn't have the focus, it will switch to that (if the focused program doesn't have a profile on his own) no matter what I have on focus. I had other remapping software that did that, without me requiring to do the tedious process of adding an exe every time ..
            Thanks.
            Please ensure that SearchUI.exe and explorer.exe are presented in the list of apps for Desktop profile. Those processes are in charge of Alt+Tab, so they will be detected before an app you switch to.

Comment

Working...
            X