Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhancement Request: Move Cursor to x,y

Hello

I would like a function as follows: MoveCursor(X,Y)

This would snap the cursor to location X, Y on the screen.

Usage:
    • Snap to menu locations - like accepting quests, clicking "OK", etc in games
    • Position cursor centered at the character - to easily cast ground targeted skills on top of myself as my enemies get in mêlée range
    • Position cursor vertically above my character to cast ground targeted skills at some distance away from me
    I am currently using another piece of software to do this, then I map a button to this shortcut in reWASD. I would rather control this in reWASD directly.

I would think many people would like this function.

Hello!

Yep, this feature would be great and we have some ideas how to make it work.

Could you please share the software name you use to perform mouse centering?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

Yep, this feature would be great and we have some ideas how to make it work.

Could you please share the software name you use to perform mouse centering?
      Hello

Thank you for your reply. I currently use a program called FastKeys to accomplish this: https://www.fastkeysautomation.com/

This software does a LOT MORE than this, but I stumbled across this function when I was first exploring reWASD.

Thanks for your consideration!

Comment

Thanks! Will definitely take a look and will try to make the similar feature even better in reWASD

Comment

I realize this is a bit of a zombie thread, but I have just came back to gaming and was curious if this has been implemented?

Comment

Hello
            Unfortunately, we have not yet implemented this feature, but we are working on it and will definitely let you know when it appears.

Comment

Hello. I really liked your program, thank you!

Recently i created a controller mapping for Civilization V. There is no hotkey for the “Next Action” button in this game. So you have to move mouse cursor to specific button. It's very frustrating, when you use a controller.

I would like to be able to do the following:
              1. Click a mouse button to X, Y, relative to the currently active window. It would be great to be able to use percentages instead of pixels (screen resolution differs from user to user). Example: https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/MouseClick.htm
              2. Return cursor back (it is very important). This can be a parameter for the function specified in step 1

I solved the problem using autohotkey, it handles the press of button z, rewasd maps button z to controller:

The following autohotkey script will, when Civ 5 is running, cause z (which is unused by civ 5) to trigger a click on the "Next Move" button. The 1750, 860 values correspond to the button's position on a 1920x1080 resolution.

#IfWinActive, Sid Meier's Civilization V (DX11)
              z::
              {
              mousegetpos, start_x, start_y
              mouseclick, left, 1750, 860, 1, 0
              mousemove, %start_x%, %start_y%, 0
              }
              But it is inconvenient.

Comment

We appreciate the feedback very much.

We will definitely find a solution in the future on how to set up the mouse location. The information you sent is also useful, thank you!

Comment

So its been like 4 years since you guys have been working on the mouse cursor position. Any progress?

Comment

Nothing to report yet. No ETA is set either. But we haven't forgotten about this.

Comment

Working...
                    X