Steam Controller Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Controller Support

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've had my eye on reWASD for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger yet because Steam Input is free and has some features that I thought I couldn't part with. Also, I prefer the Steam Controller which is currently locked down to Valve's platform. But lately I've been getting tired of dealing with Steam Input's reliance on Steam. You see, I've supported DRM-free initiatives for a long time. GOG and Itch are my home platforms. I recently got to try out GOG Galaxy 2.0 and I absolutely love how it brings all of my games together in a single window. But......I can't use it because then my games aren't running through Steam and my controller becomes useless. I've been looking for alternatives everywhere. And that is where reWASD comes in. I would love to help the team, in any way necessary, support the SC and provide a utility to the SC community that isn't tied to a storefront/platform. There is already two developers who have experience reading the Steam Controller's input -- one of which is already making a third party configuration software (sc-controller) for it -- so hopefully knowledge could be pooled and this could get off the ground a bit faster. To my knowledge, the biggest hurdle would be hiding or removing the controller's default output, which is the biggest problem that sc-controller currently faces.

If you have any questions about the device or need further information, please don't hesitate to ask. I run a YouTube channel dedicated to the Steam Controller and Steam Input (called Critical Input) so I'm very familiar with the device.

Hello!

Welcome aboard :satisfied:

Adding more controllers to reWASD is an important thing for us. We are working on it each and every release and in the latest version, even added keyboard & mouse to the list of supported devices. So I may ensure you that we will do our best with Steam Controller too, but I can't tell you the exact ETA right now.

Comment

Working...
    X