Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Combo recording suggestions

Hi.

I'm quite new to this software and I'm still figuring things out, but I really can't seem to find a way to make the analog stick inputs be recorded when recording my inputs.
    Currently, I am attempting to perform a combo for my own game project and save the inputs so it can be replicated at anytime by the software.

I'd like to mention that because some games/software can't register 10 ms delay, it could be very helpful to add an option for a minimum delay? It would be nice to have it automatically set the minimum to e.g. 30 ms.

And one thing that could speed things up for this would be a "Play" button to instantly have the software run the combo before you press "Apply". (Unless there already is one, but I can't find it.)

Hello,
    Thank you for your suggestions:

1. Planned to implement soon. We have already provided digital buttons combo recording, analog sticks inputs to record will be added a bit later.

2. We set min pause (which is OK for keyboard) but for a controller you may easy increase a pause using the "Delay between keys" option, which sets even delay between inputs or custom pauses after each "down\up" (manually).

3. If you meant combo pre-check, like to see how combo was written before apply button, well we also have plans to add it as well, some technical and design questions are required to solve.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for your reply!
      (And sorry for late response.)

1. Awesome. And yeah, I tried out both. Recording keyboard inputs works perfectly as far as I can tell. Only analog sticks for controllers missing.

2. So if I set "Delay between keys" to 30, it'll have that as a minimum no matter what? I mean, it works for when manually adding inputs one-by-one. (Not recording.)

When I try doing fast inputs when recording, it still sets some inputs to 10 ticks anyway. What I meant was an option to lock the minimum wait time to a given value while recording. So with a 30 tick minimum all 0-29 ticks will automatically set to 30 if that's the set minimum value after recording ends. Then there's no need to go through the script and fix all 10s manually which the game won't register anyway.

3. Cool! I think I was a bit vague here, oops. What I meant was an "Execute" or "Run Script" button before saving the script to a key, because with longer combos, it takes a long time to save the data for some reason. And I have to save it to actually test it in-game. Pressing the "Execute" button would make the character in-game do the combo as if I pressed the key it's supposed to be mapped to before it's even saved.

A pre-check yes, before saving so it's easier and faster to fix the stuff in the combo that doesn't work properly.

Additionally, it'd be cool to have a display showing the keys being pressed digitally on the digital controller / keyboard.

I really love the software already. Helps me a lot with exploring my game's combo system and to check that certain frame-perfect combinations don't break.

Comment

Thanks for your ideas.
        In the next version, we will add an option to remove all pauses from the combo sequence with one click. I think it will help eliminate the unnecessary ones that appeared during the recording.

All other features are coming later. The next release is already over-packed with other things but no worries, we never stop improving reWASD :satisfied:

Comment

Working...
        X