Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use controller with mouse

Hi there I hope someone can help
    I'm trying to use my xbox elite series 2 controller instead of a keyboard to play with a controller and mouse setup, in single play fps as that's is my preffered setup, I can remap the controller buttons to keyboard keys but when I play a game the controller not only does the keyboard input that I have remapped it too but also the native in game input from the controller , for example I usually map my left trigger to jump(space) but natively in most games it's the aim button so my character performs both actions instead of just what I've mapped it too making it impossible to use.
    So what I'm asking is there a way to disable the native xinput commands from the controller so I can use just the keys I've I've remapped them too?
    sorry for the long post and help would be appreciated

Hello,

Please use the unmap option https://help.rewasd.com/mapping-features/unmaps.html to mute native controller behavior and use only mapping you've set.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thank you so much, I'm gonna crack on tonight, much appreciated

Comment

Hello,

You're welcome.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
          Hello,

Please use the unmap option https://help.rewasd.com/mapping-features/unmaps.html to mute native controller behavior and use only mapping you've set.

I've done this and my controller still registers controller button presses in game? I've got it set up the same with with a series 1 elite and it works fine but my series 2 keeps reverting to controller even though i've unmapped the whole controller.

Comment

Originally Posted by Synthesthesia View Post

I've done this and my controller still registers controller button presses in game? I've got it set up the same with with a series 1 elite and it works fine but my series 2 keeps reverting to controller even though i've unmapped the whole controller.
            Hello!

1. Are you using reWASD 5.2.1 — the latest version?
            2. Have you created the config with unmapped paddles and default mappings for other controller buttons in Xbox Accessories before you started using it in reWASD?

Comment

Working...
            X