VR Motion Tracking Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VR Motion Tracking Controller

With reWASD being so far ahead of the competition that it is lonely up here it's the best bet to be the first to get proper fully-functional support for VR motion tracking controllers covered.

The list of big players in this field is not much longer than with consoles, HTC, Oculus, Valve and maybe Samsung.

Beyond (re)mapping the buttons on the controller it would *amazing* if it was possible to define what happens when you turn your head right or move the right tracking controller into a certain area of the 6DOF space and map it to keyboard or controller inputs like look/turn right and load arrow/switch gun etc.

This would not just allow changing the controls in VR games, but also to use the tracking controllers in VR games that only support classic gamepads natively and lots of effort is put into software that allows you to play non-VR games in VR, which is where proper control mapping would be a bless.

If this is a heavy task to lift a new paid module or seperate product is reasonable.

Hello,
    Thank you for your suggestion. Honestly, we haven't thought about this feature, there are major features that we would like to add, such as gyro, various controller's support, etc. But we will investigate this domain for sure.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I have been using ReWASD for many years now and I love it. I recently got a VR set and was wondering if anything has developed on this front. It would be helpful if it was.

Comment

Hey there! At the moment, reWASD doesn't support VR devices but we constantly adding new controllers to our app, so stay tuned :satisfied:
        However, this one is not planned in the nearest future, but we hope to make it work in one of the upcoming versions.

Comment

Working...
        X