Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please add a way to launch applications from buttons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please add a way to launch applications from buttons!

Hi! I would be so happy if the Home (white center) Xbox button could open GOG Galaxy.exe (a beautiful game launcher). But I don't see any way to make reWASD launch applications from button presses. This would be very easy to support, since it's just a call to this API:

Hello!

We are planning to add this functionality in reWASD in one the next versions. Stay tuned!
    Right now, there is another tricky solution: use bot native system functions to bind a shortcut and then reWASD combos. Please follow the case #16.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

We are planning to add this functionality in reWASD in one the next versions. Stay tuned!
      Right now, there is another tricky solution: use bot native system functions to bind a shortcut and then reWASD combos. Please follow the case #16.
      Ohhh thanks, that's a good workaround for now! I picked GOG Galaxy's own start menu shortcut, right clicked it, Open File Location, which gave me the shortcut itself. Properties. Then there was a "Shortcut Key" under the "Shortcut" tab. Never knew that existed! Set it to Ctrl + F12 and bound the same in reWASD. It works.

When reWASD has native support for launching I'll change to that method, though!

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your feedback, we glad that it works.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I often need to launch my web browser from the command line, and I always forget the command, which varies from one computer to another. Please add a way for shell scripts to display buttons you can click on to start applications.

Comment

Hello!
            In reWASD, you can assign an application launch or a key combo to a button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_15.png
Views:	627
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	232269

Also, you can add descriptions for buttons and open the overlay at any time to view them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_14.png
Views:	650
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	232268

Comment

Working...
            X