Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global binding for buttons (particularly: White center Xbox button)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global binding for buttons (particularly: White center Xbox button)

Is it possible to create a Global config "override" for the White Xbox Button that is always active no matter what app is active on-screen and no matter what profile is active?

That would massively help since it would make it possible to launch custom game launchers from that button anywhere, to make the gamepad always able to "rescue" itself without touching a keyboard. By pressing the Xbox button to get back to our game launchers from anywhere.

Basically, no matter what profile is loaded, no matter what game is loaded, etc, the white Xbox Button would be bound to launch "GOG Galaxy" (game launcher) in my case, so that I can always get back to it.

Steam has a setting which makes that "Xbox Button" always open Steam from anywhere. So a similar feature in reWASD would be super useful. <3

Global configs will certainly be added to reWASD in one of the next versions.

We have lots of various plans about the new features, so stay tuned!

Comment

Thanks for that news. That's exciting! Very happy I bought reWASD! :-)

(For other readers, they provided more info at https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...014#post218014 too).

Comment

By the way, since you are working on this feature already internally: Do you mind testing internally with the RetroArch (https://www.retroarch.com/) emulator? That program auto-binds itself to the White Xbox button and uses that as its "show menu again while playing a game" button. So I hope I can do something like "Bind white xbox button globally except in RetroArch.exe" to avoid issues with the (very few) programs that need to bind to that key. Just bringing this up now to avoid problems for users later. :-)

Comment

Good point. We will think what is possible to do.

Comment

Hi again. I also noticed that Steam, while Steam is in the foreground, binds the white xbox button to "open Big Picture" mode. So that's another app that would be useful for testing conflicts with. :-)

Comment

Hello,
              Thank you for your reply.

I think you need to disable the "Guide button focuses steam" in the Big Picture Mode. Another case, unmap always works.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                Hello,
                Thank you for your reply.

I think you need to disable the "Guide button focuses steam" in the Big Picture Mode. Another case, unmap always works.
                Hi. reWASDer was saying that you are considering adding "global profiles/bindings" to reWASD, which is why I mentioned that Steam and RetroArch etc would conflict with that, just to let you know that the new feature needs to be tested with those apps to see how your global bindings interact with other apps that make per-app (RetroArch binds white X while focused) or global (Steam does) bindings. Just to try to make your new feature play nicely with those apps somehow (no idea how), or perhaps warn, or perhaps make reWASD's global bindings into a "Global Bindings, EXCEPT in Steam.exe and RetroArch.exe" kinda feature. So that the bindings are "global" but not active when certain other apps are active. And by default include Steam.exe in there maybe... Just some ideas how to fix the conflicts...

Comment

Hello!

Yep. We need a kind of a black list for this global profile, I think. Then, it should be OK with different apps on different systems.

Comment

Global bindings need option to turn on certain profiles since we can't use autodetect on every program. For example Xbox game pass games are non detectable. At least I couldn't find option to use keybinds to turn on profiles. Then again I find it weird profiles can't be set on from the tray icon which needs a menu for this.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion!

Actually, we are planing a kind of overlay window that will be activated by our global profile and will give more freedom in controlling reWASD and gamepad options.
                      And yes, it will contain all the configs, so you can easily pick up the needed one. However, I can't promise you that this functionality will be added soon, we still have a long to-do list

As for the similar option in tray agent, that sounds great too. We will think what is possible to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X