Activators on Joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activators on Joystick

Currently the joysticks can only assign a Single Press Binding to the four directions. Coming from Steam Input I'm used to having a full suite of options on the joystick. While I understand that Double/Triple Presses are a bit cumbersome for the sticks, Long Press and the Start/Release Presses are invaluable for some of my basic ideas. Any chance we could see these being added to the joysticks in the future?

Hello,
    Thank you for your suggestion. We will take it into account. Do you have possible use cases of activators for a joystick? The stick has zones where you can set mapping which almost Start Press - https://help.rewasd.com/basic-functi...ger-zones.html

Thank you in advance.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I'm sure this is a fringe case but I use JoyShockMapper in tandem with reWASD to give me gyro aiming. This entirely frees up my right joystick to be basically used as another set of face buttons. One of the things I'd like to put here is a "Quick Melee" binding in games that don't have a dedicated melee button -- like Counter Strike. This would require:
      • Start Press - Switch to Knife
      • Regular Press (Turbo) - Attack
      • Release Press - Equip the Last Used Weapon

Comment

We will definitely think what is possible to do here. Frankly speaking, we have never considered activators on stick moves, because it seems to be pretty hard to activate them properly. But your idea with Start and Release presses sounds reasonable. Thanks for the suggestion, will take it into account.

Comment

Hi there,

I was thinking that it might be interesting for you. Version 5.3 finally has a gyro feature to support. Please, update your current version to the latest 5.3 (Preferences - Check for updates).
          This is a detailed tutorial - https://help.rewasd.com/how-to-remap/controller.html.

Besides the gyro feature new other features, bug fixes and improvements you may see this topic.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
          X