Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox Elite Series 2 - Option to ignore profiles established in Xbox Accessories app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Elite Series 2 - Option to ignore profiles established in Xbox Accessories app

The Xbox Accessories app is rather poorly designed; I could not get it to function on any of my Windows 10 PCs. Unfortunately, the Xbox Elite Series 2 ships with default mappings for the paddles that can only be changed within this proprietary app.

To fix this, I had to visit a local video game retailer and explain my situation. They allowed me to use one of their kiosks to unmap all the paddles. While I plan to use reWASD exclusively, I am concerned that the controller may retain settings from the Xbox Accessories app; this could result in a suboptimal experience.

In a future update, would it be possible for reWASD to include a setting that would override any established profiles for the device?

Thank you for your consideration.

Hello!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to override Xbox Elite Series 2 settings from Xbox app. Once you unmap paddles, reWASD works with this controller perfectly.
    The settings from Xbox app should be changed only once, because this app applies settings to the controller memory directly. So, no worries, you won't need to launch Xbox app anytime later if you have already created default profiles with unmapped paddles for all slots in Xbox app.

If you need ABXY mappings for paddles for some particular game, you can do it in reWASD too.

Comment

Working...
    X