Add SL/SR to Gamepad Bindings for JoyCons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add SL/SR to Gamepad Bindings for JoyCons

I have a couple of games and programs that have native JoyCon support and reWASD is blocking the SL/SR buttons from being seen in these games/programs. Unmap hides the buttons and assigning any other button will cause the programs to see the bound button rather than the native SL/SR buttons that I'm actually pressing.

Hello!

reWASD reports those buttons as 4 new controls, which can be remapped to something in our app.
    Could you please tell which programs and games have native Windows support, so we could check them?

Comment

The game is Infected Shelter and the program is JoyShockMapper (JSM). I use JSM for gyro and want to use the right joycon's SL button to disable gyro (for re-centering my hand) but reWASD blocks it from being seen. I'd even be happy with just having the SL/SR buttons being unmapped in SL but not hidden -- just don't do anything to the button in reWASD so that external applications can still see it. I guess this will be a moot point in a few months when reWASD supports gyrometers and I don't need an external application but until then I need a secondary application to be able to see this buttons while reWASD is running.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.

We are planning to release Gyro next month, so the wait is almost over.
        As for those unique buttons, we will definitely think how to avoid this issue. Thanks for the report!

Comment

Hi there,

Happy to inform you that the gyro feature has been released. The SL/SR buttons is still in work.
          Please, update your current version to the latest 5.3 (Preferences - Check for updates).
          This is a detailed tutorial - https://help.rewasd.com/how-to-remap/controller.html.

Besides the gyro feature new other features, bug fixes and improvements you may see this post - https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...5-3-is-out-now
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
          X