Profile Based Hide of Physical Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Based Hide of Physical Controller

Since Steam and other Games/Apps work great with say Dualshock 4 Controllers.
    I do not want to generally hide them.

Only in cases when Controller Support is only given for xbox360 or I want to change the mapping of the buttons. I have to hide the DS4 to emulate a virtual xbox360 controller with reWASD which is not even necessary since there is no DS4 Support so no need to hide it, since it does nothing. Same goes for emulating Keyboard and mice inputs with the controller.

But in case of remapping or rebinding with DS4 Support i need to hide the controller, which in my case is very rare compared to the other cases.

So i suggest make Hide of physical Controller profile specific or at least only valid while remap is on or reWASD is running.

Currently if i want to use steams native ds4 support after the use of virtual xbox360 pad I have to:
    1. Disable the hide feature
    2. Switch off all autodected app settings in all my profiles
    3. Disable remap
    4. Blacklist the device
    5. Close all reWASD
    6. Remove reWASD from autostart and opt-out on all tray functions within the app
    7. remove my device from the device manager
    8. Restart my computer
    9. reconnect and rebind/pair bluetooth my DS4
    Some steps might not be necessary but I had to fiddle around for 2 hours to get my physical controller to act as its supposed to be only because of the somehow global hide of the controller even without reWASD running in the background.

I wish for a more convenient solution to use hide and unhide my ds4 or the emulation of a xbox360 pad.

Hello again!

The steps you had are pretty unique, and from our side, we can't reproduce the same conditions. Normally, when reWASD remap is off, the controller is back to normal state.
    I hope it will be OK now.

Comment

It is good info for me. I am looking for many days.

Comment

Working...
      X