Syncing Personal Profiles, Hosting background Images for Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncing Personal Profiles, Hosting background Images for Profiles

I personally have never used a single configuration from the community configuration directory, I am not sure about others but I suspect it isn't used by a whole lot of users because it's so much more difficult to learn the controls if you weren't the one who made them. But what I HAVE done, is accidentally lose all my meticulously constructed configurations disappear due to a windows refresh. I just think having our configs backed up and associated perhaps with our usernames we used to purchase ReWASD would be infinitely useful. Kind of related is that because ReWASD is a little picky with what images it will accept as a background for a profile, maybe the app could automatically download suitable images when a game/app title is recognized?

I don't know if the work that these things would require is substantial, and it seems likely that these aren't new ideas to the devs, but I just thought I would throw my two cents in. Thanks for reading! And also for making ReWASD, which I use with regularity only surpassed by my internet browser.

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your kind words. Really happy to know that reWASD helps you

The idea to sync the Community and auto-load the suitable configs is in our plans.
    The idea to back up your configs for the Community in your personal account without sharing with others is also in our plans.

There are plenty of things we are planning for reWASD, just can't do everything at once. Stay tuned! Your feedback will help us give those features a higher priority in our to-do list :satisfied:

In the meantime, here is a folder that includes all your configs and box arts: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    Next time you are going to switch to another PC or do a massive Windows upgrade, be sure that you have saved it manually. I understand that losing all your configs is frustrating. I'm sorry for this misunderstanding.

Comment

I agree with the notion that most configs are going to be personal. There are users who want something pre-made -- and that's where sticking to industry standards come in -- but the other end of the users are going to be the power users who want something personal, tailor made for both the game and the user. Much like you, Spanish Ty, I fall into the latter and have never used someone else's configs. I've also rarely seen my configs get used over more traditional configs for the same reasons.

Anywho, I like the idea of backing up configs to reWASD's servers is pretty cool to see but I'll stick with a personal solution. Just use an auto-sync/auto-backup for the configs folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles). I back mine up to a network drive but you could just as easily use any of the cloud storage desktop apps to do the same for a cloud solution.

Comment

Will work on this feature in the next releases, thanks for your post!

Comment

Working...
        X