Native gyro DualShock4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native gyro DualShock4

It would be nice to make a native mapping of the gyro. New games with native dualshock 4 support often use it.

Hello,

Do you mean Gyro on our virtual DS4 controller? There is no Gyro on the virtual DS4 controller at the moment. But we are planning to do it in one of the next versions.

Stay tuned!
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I also use DS4Windows but I really like your program too. Keep it up

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I use a original DS4 Controller wireless with reWASD for playing Detroit become human. It has native gyro support, where you need to move your controller to move your character. But thats not working right now. Only when I plug in via USB. :-)

Comment

Hello,

The full online manual about gyro this link. Depending on your mappings you may gyro to left stick which is the default for a walk in the game.

What exactly doesn't work? How did you remap the gyro?

Thank you in advance.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I went trough the manuel several times, but don't know what might be wrong.

The games has native DS4 support (wired, wireless only recognized as xbox controller, but working as DS4 with rewasd).
              Here you can see the controller movement that is necessary: https://youtu.be/F5rSLiZN-70?t=2934 or https://youtu.be/32Np9LKI1Vg?t=3081

You have to move the controller without any button or activator pressed.

I mapped the controller with the magic stick button in rewasd. (The gyro leaves unmapped).
              Made a second shift with L2 as trigger, an mapped the gyro to the left stick.

Comment

I'll post screenshots later this day.

thanks for helping out this far :-)

Comment

Hello,
                  Thank you for shared video the game requires pulling the controller, which looks like an accelerometer. As I mentioned above a gyro or accelerometer does not available for a virtual DS4 controller, that's why the game doesn't detect the gamepad moves when you try to pull or shake the controller. Sorry about that.

As an alternative solution, instead of gyro control you may change to stick control and use the controller stick while the gameplay. It's optional in the game settings and allows using a virtual controller with set mappings.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I see. So the gyro I can map to mouse or stick works different to the usual way? Because its no virtual controller, its a native DS4 Controller.
                    But that might be included in the next release as I've read :-)

Thanks for the hint for the control within the game settings, haven't seen that but will take a deeper look

Comment

Hello!

Yes, we are planning to add virtual gyro to our virtual controller, so you won't miss this functionality while using a physical DS4 as a virtual one.

Still, this thing is not ready yet, so it is better to check in-game settings. Detroit has this option for sure, so you won't need to move your gamepad to do some things, but will just move and rotate sticks.

Comment

Sorry to bother again with this gyro stuff

How can I adjust the sensitivity?
                        I tried to play around with the response curve but no success. Im able turn the controller quite slowly without having any movement.

In Steam, on the other hand, when I move the controller with Gyro, it works with the slightest movement. In reWASD it is rather jerky.

PS: Detroit BH has no controller settings to switch to sticks or so, sadly. I switched to my old 360 gamepad.

Comment

Hello,

Simply choose difficulty to more easiest and it will give you the option to use a stick instead of a gyro.

About the sensitivity, please try to rise up first dots a bit higher. It gives you more slight movements. But if the movements are feeling like you sais "jerky", then use a stick and wait for ver. 5.5 (coming soon) where we improve gyro functionality.
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                            Hello!
                            Yes, we are planning to add virtual gyro to our virtual controller, so you won't miss this functionality while using a physical DS4 as a virtual one.
                            Hi there, Is virtual gyro available yet? Would like to map buttons on the controller to control the gyro.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Hello pigeond

You can translate the gyro from the physical device to the virtual DS4 controller.

If your physical device doesn't have gyro, then you won't be able to control it yet.

By the way, for which game you want to use it? For most games, gyro movements are optional, so you can control the character using sticks.

Comment

Working...
                              X