Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia SHIELD (2015) Controller support

Hello,

ReWASD is doing great with supporting more and more controllers on PC. Especially these nonstandard ones. I would like to ask if it's possible to implement Nvidia Shield (2015) controller support for reWASD. Now only owners of GeForce GPU can use controller without any problems (but with poor support of touchpad). AMD and Intel graphics card owners have to use unofficial windows driver downloaded from GitHub (https://github.com/Syniurge/ShieldControllerWinDriver) as we cannot install GeForce drivers.

Is it possible to do introduce plug-and-play support for Nvidia SHIELD (2015) controller in reWASD? On GitHub you can find open source driver so it should be easier. Morover, you can make much better support for touchpad (use reWASD magic), not mouse control only. It would be perfect to use this touchpad like SteamController touchpads. Our experience would be much better now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6048346a-22bc-4e23-9616-ab8317058594_i-nvidia-shield-wireless-controller.jpg?=1f741.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	220849

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will discuss within our team the possibility to add this particular controller to support.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks, I hope it will be easy to implement and we will be able to use it at least with basic touchpad support as mouse. Maybe even Vol Down and Vol Up buttons will be possible to remap like we are able to do it with keyboards.
      Btw. wireless connection is not needed as it requires too much work.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the information. Will see what we can do with the Nvidia SHIELD controller.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello FlameMan !

We are happy to announce the new reWASD version — 5.7 — that supports both NVIDIA SHIELD controllers (2015 and 2017). At the moment, we allow remapping only two things from its touchpad: Tap and Click. If you do not map anything (and do not Unmap the touchpad in reWASD), then it will be working as a mouse as usual. We want to extend the touchpad support in the future updates, so any ideas are appreciated. Will be happy to get a feedback from you

Comment

Perfect update. Thank you so much! Works good so far. Touchpad will work even better when you will implement virtual trackball and swiping for it.
            My possible use cases:
            1. Using touchpad for scroll in mouse to zoom in/out during sniping. Additionaly we can scroll documents like in smartphones. Faster swipe moving faster, slower slower.
            2. Using touchpad to more precise aiming. When we want to snipe down someone, instead of playing with sticks we are moving fingers to touchpad and using it as precise aiming. Faster moves move crosshair faster, slow touches move it slow and precise. Press can be assigned to RT for shooting, tap (or double tap) will keep LT pressed till shood (RT press).
            3. Using touchpad for camera control. Helpful in racing games. Swipe left, will move right stick to left, swipe right, to right, down will show what is behind our car. Helpful.
            4. Using touchpad for selecting weapons. Fast swipes can pretend pressing D-Pad buttons (up, right, down, left), longer tap and moving direction can activate weapon wheel (RB) and will select gun (emulating right stick). Additionaly maybe it will be possible to add support of circle gestures, which will improve selecting weapons by doing circles on touchpad (Steam Controller is using such gesture for scrolling using Steam in desktop mode).
            5. Using touchpad for automated run. Swipe up will activate Shift+w or left stick up+pressed left stick and will stay activated (pressed down) untill we press touchpad (shift+w pressed up).
            6. Using touchpad as normal laptop touchpad. Double tap is presssing down RMB, pressing touchpad is pressing down RMB too, moving on touchpad moves mouse cursor. I don't know if multitouch can be implemented there, if so we can try with other standard windows shortcuts. Maybe touchpad is recognizing where it's touched, so we can activate different actions depends of area which is tapped. But I don't think that touchpad is so advance there, so probably only cursor control and RMB when tap and pressed will be enough.
            7. Using media buttons to control volume in windows (possible now, but not configured in desktop config yet) and home button as shortcut win+d.
            8. Using touchpad as Dualshock 4/Dualsense touchpad when controller is assigned to virtual DS4 config.
            9. Using touchpad to pretend gyro - right swipe moves gryo to right, left swipe moves to left etc. Only few basic gestures which are reset when we are stopping tapping touchpad.
            Such controls I was using before on different gamepads and I would like to use in the future if possible. I am happy that Nvidia Shield Controller is finally getting some love. Improving touchpad support can be helpful as well for Playstation controllers touchpads and Steam controller touchpads, which are great too. And maybe improvements will help to add next touchpad controller in the future - Ouya controller. It's nothing more than Bluetooth xbox controller (with different buttons) and touchpad which works the same as Nvidia's. Fingers crossed for perfect touchpad implementation.

Comment

Got it, thanks again for your detailed and explicit feedback!

Yes, we do plan some improvements for all touchpads of the controllers we support, so stay tuned

The only things that sounds impossible is the multitouch. The gamepad seems to be recognizing only one finger at a time (same for Steam controllers). Once Sony's devices have more than one finger.

Comment

Working...
              X