UWP games autodetect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWP games autodetect

Hello everyone, today I bought reWASD and noticed, that it is really complicated to add UWP games.
    You have to edit the configuration file to add .exe and it is still not reliable.
    It works for most games, but some games are encrypted and those .exe are not detected. Example of this is Spiritfarer (currently on Xbox Game Pass for PC) - .exe is encrypted and not detected by reWASD.

My suggestion is to add UWP games selection like in GloSC, which has UWP button and lists all installed UWP apps and games with names and AppIds where you just select one. Also detection should be based on AppId, not based on .exe - at least I think that GloSC does it that way, because GloSC does work with Spiritfarer while reWASD doesn't.

Screenshot of UWP app selection in GloSC:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_dtt9QNBLHX.png
Views:	822
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	221145

Hello,
    Thank you for your suggestion.

The current autodetect workflow is based on adding the execute file to a certain game profile.
    Usually, there are no problems to add exe file of UWP game as you may detect the directory though the running process or simply type dedicated to the game executable file manually to the config.

We do appreciate your suggestion, but it requires to re-build all autodetect logic, which is not really a priority at the moment. But it's taken into the account.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I know that adding exe manually works for some UWP games, but for the encrypted games like Spiritfarer and Forager it doesn't work at all.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your information. We will try to investigate your suggestion more detailed and will see what we can do in this case.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
        X