Custom Commands to Key Map or Macro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Commands to Key Map or Macro

Is it possible to add custom commands, such as windows run commands, to keys or macros? I'm trying to make it so I can open programs with the press of a key. I'm able to do this in the Logitech G Hub app for my keyboard, but it only allows me to program the G keys. I'm not sure if it's already a feature in reWASD as I haven't found a way to do it. Could you please implement this if it's possible?

Thanks again.

Hello,
    Thank you for your question

There is a way to do so by using combos in reWASD and shortcuts in Windows. We have plans to add custom commands next releases, but at the moment I may suggest you a kind of trick.

Please, let us know if it was helpful.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by thenullinator View Post
      Is it possible to add custom commands, such as windows run commands, to keys or macros? I'm trying to make it so I can open programs with the press of a key. I'm able to do this in the Logitech G Hub app for my keyboard, but it only allows me to program the G keys. I'm not sure if it's already a feature in reWASD as I haven't found a way to do it. Could you please implement this if it's possible?

Thanks again.
      If you're willing to dedicate some time and dive into AutoHotkey a bit, it can open a whole sea of possibilities, including Windows run commands and all kinds of Windows actions.
      So you can bind a gamepad button to some keyboard key/combo, then define some action for that combo in AutoHotkey.
      It requires some reading at first and getting familiar with the scripting, but for simple stuff you can usually find ready-made solutions on the forums.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. Currently, we do not have integration plans with any software, but strongly intending to expand the custom command functionality.

And thank you for your suggestion.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
        X