Ideas how to improve combo function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas how to improve combo function

While experimenting with combo function in my trial period of reWASD I encountered some limitations which could be removed by implementing the following improvements.
    1. Option to break further continuation of combo execution when it's long. For example with other dedicated button or shortcut instead of currently used ctrl+alt+del for remapping deactivation. I know I can use single press and combo will run until key is released, but there's no way I know how to clearly break other mappings like double press, triple press. It always wants to run to the end.
    2. ‌Option to see long combo with horizontal time line and time marks so that one could search for nodes in a given second of the combo for example when wants to adjust combo in 6th second or 17th second and so on. It could also be broken into rows where each row would represent approximately 1 second of the combo. So if I spotted something wrong with my combo in 6th second then I would quickly be able to locate it.
    3. Option when combo is halted by user intentionally, with a dedicated button, the last command executed by combo is highlighted. For example it would be useful if one wanted to adjust combo in a given moment, then by breaking it's execution would immediately be transferred to last node played by combo.

Hello! Thanks for your detailed feedback :satisfied:

1. There is a hotkey that stops all active combos. You need to press both bumpers + Menu + View buttons at once.

2. Pretty unusual thing in our GUI, but we will consider making it.

3. I am not sure that it is possible in our architecture, sorry.

Comment

1. There is a hotkey that stops all active combos. You need to press both bumpers + Menu + View buttons at once.
      OK, but is there a hotkey to stop all combos I can use on keyboard? I couldn't find it, and it is a must!

2. Pretty unusual thing in our GUI, but we will consider making it.
      Even if you allow it to enable in options and not necessarily as default view it would be great!

3. I am not sure that it is possible in our architecture, sorry.
      Hopefully it is possible. Just find a solution provided it doesn't influence performance of the combo. I suppose that during combo playback each node/action is executed in order, so just add an option when combo is stopped/broken during playback to show the exact moment it was stopped. Come on, you can do it ;-)

Comment

but is there a hotkey to stop all combos I can use on keyboard?
        Unfortunately, we do not have it at the moment, but we will add it in one of the next versions.

Even if you allow it to enable in options and not necessarily as default view it would be great!
        Yep, we will make this hotkey customizable.

Hopefully it is possible
        Unfortunately, it is impossible. Combo Editor is not linked with a virtual machine that emulates a combo. These are two different components of the app. We do not see any way to make it work at the moment.

Comment

Working...
        X