Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add more slots and make game profiles have their own slots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add more slots and make game profiles have their own slots...

Add more slots and make game profiles have their own slots to store different mapping sets(i.e. game profiles)

Because:
    1. Need more mapping set activated by shortcuts without occupying/sacrificing too many buttons;
    2. At the moment, saving a game profile would save it to and replace the currently selected slot showing on the left dropdown menu. And that would be inconvenient if I have a more frequently used profile stored in that slot
    This means the slots are not global anymore. Every ”game profile” has its own slots and I view slots the same as Shift mode but could be accessed by Shortcuts.

And any mapping set stored in the slots is another control mapping set of “the same” or “a different” device rather than a “game profile.”

I hope this concept is not hard to understand. And this feature will greatly increase the capacity of the mappings. And also, there should be more than 4 slots. Personally, I’d like to see more than 10(~99 or unlimited) slots, at least, as I have on the Steam controller for each game(In Steam, it’s called “action set”).

Hey there!

I need a bit more info, because I do not seem to understand you properly.

Slots depend on a game if you use Autodetect. In this case, you can set up to 4 different configs in 4 slots for a single one game. Still, you can reserve Slot 1 or 2 for one game and Slot 3 and 4 for another game though.

As for the ability to add more slots, it is pretty possible, we can do it in future releases.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Slots depend on a game if you use Autodetect.
      Hmm...About Slots and Autodetect, what I encountered is, even the Autodetect is on,
      1) game won't autodetect the game profile if all 4 slots are empty and I don't load any game profile,
      2) game won't autodetect the game profile too if all 4 slots are empty but I do load the game profile I want to use for the game,
      3) game apply the game profile only if I load the game profile I want to use for the game and click "Apply" to save to any selected slot.

So, my experience is the game profile would be saved to any currently selected slot when clicking "Save" & "Apply" but won't be loaded to any slot that previously saved when loaded.
      That's why I think the slots are global and don't relate/bond to the game profiles.

Then, I don't quite understand what you mean "Slots depend on a game if you use Autodetect."
      I hope I don't miss something or do something wrong though.

In this case, you can set up to 4 different configs in 4 slots for a single one game.
      Yes, I think this works and plan to use it this way. But the problem is all 4 different configs for a single game won't be loaded back to the slots when a game profile is loaded.
      Then it's not quite convenient to use.

Still, you can reserve Slot 1 or 2 for one game and Slot 3 and 4 for another game though.
      Yes, but we have to manually load any game3 and game4 profiles and save both games to Slot 3 and 4 every time, don't we?

As for the ability to add more slots, it is pretty possible, we can do it in future releases.
      Awesome!!! Thanks for that!!!

Comment

Hm, could you please check this article that describes how to adjust Autodetect?

According to your description, it doesn't seem to work as intended.

Also, please ensure that tray agent is on while you use this feature.

Comment

Oh my..., I never noticed that radar before. My problem is probably something related to it. But, unfortunately, my trial period is over, so...maybe I'll test it after I get reWASD on the next sale.

And, why not just to have the desktop slots and the slots inside the game profiles like Shit mode? And for games not yet applied to the auto-detect function like the UWP apps, just load them into the desktop slots.
          Also, the coexist of the left dropdown menu for slots and bottom slots status is kind of confusing. They don't sync together when choosing. Why not just list all currently mapped slots on the left(no dropdown menu) and replace the status of the slot with shortcuts for it respectively on the bottom. Only using the left list of slots to do both checking/loading and saving.

Comment

Yep, without Radar, Autodetect is not working, so it seems it is better to start it over.

Slots are not the same as Shifts. Shifts are inside one config while Slots are used to apply different configs.

The dots below show the active configs, while at the top-left, you can set which configs will be applied next (manually or with Autodetect). These are just two different controls.

reWASD may be confusing at the first glance, but after a bit of testing, I am pretty sure, you will find it handy

We are planning to release a new version later this week, you will have three more days of a trial mode to test it. And, we already have a sale: you can buy all four advanced features together as Full Pack at half price. There are no other sales planned in the nearest future.

Comment

Yep, without Radar, Autodetect is not working...
              Oh, since the auto-detection won't work without Radar, then why we need the checkbox for auto-detection below the name of the game profile? This is kinda confusing though.

Slots are not the same as Shifts. Shifts are inside one config while Slots are used to apply different configs.
              I know they are different but they are still all stored in a game profile, aren’t they?

The dots below show the active configs, while at the top-left, you can set which configs will be applied next (manually or with Autodetect). These are just two different controls.
              But when I save a game profile to any slot, it just replaces the one in that slot and becomes active. How can I access the 2nd slot for that game profile? From the dropdown menu?

reWASD may be confusing at the first glance, but after a bit of testing, I am pretty sure, you will find it handy
              Most features are pretty clear to me except for the concept of the accessibility of the Slots. Maybe I should try to get the auto-detection work first.

We are planning to release a new version later this week, you will have three more days of a trial mode to test it.
              Oh, really? Thanks! How can I know when I have another 3 more days?

There are no other sales planned in the nearest future.

Then, maybe Halloween/Black Friday?

Comment

Oh, since the auto-detection won't work without Radar, then why we need the checkbox for auto-detection below the name of the game profile? This is kinda confusing though.
                There are two things to adjust: the app name that is connected to the game itself and to all the configs you have inside a game + Radar that marks which config will be applied to which slot.

I know they are different but they are still all stored in a game profile, aren’t they?
                Nope. Shift is a part of a config, but Slot is not.

But when I save a game profile to any slot, it just replaces the one in that slot and becomes active. How can I access the 2nd slot for that game profile? From the dropdown menu?
                There is not way to switch to the config you have adjusted from there. The dots below are about the currently applied configs only.

Oh, really? Thanks! How can I know when I have another 3 more days?
                You will get them automatically once you install the new version.

Then, maybe Halloween/Black Friday?
                Yes, maybe.

Comment

There are two things to adjust...Radar that marks which config will be applied to which slot.
                  Hmm... Shouldn’t the config be saved when I pressed the “Save” or “Apply” button to the slot I currently select from the dropdown menu(and actually it did but just to the current slots down below) and all the slots automatically usable for the specific game if I check the checkbox of the“Autodetect”?

Why bother using two steps when we can just use one instead? I still have to use shortcuts to switch slots, don't I? Why replace the “Save” or “Apply” function with the “+Radar” on saving a game config to a slot? And that happens to affect the auto-detection function too.

Nope. Shift is a part of a config, but Slot is not.
                  Why not put the Slots into the game profile then we don’t have to apply the “+Radar” one by one on purpose?

Let say, when creating a game profile, we automatically start editing at the first slot and then save the config, thus it’s automatically saved to that slot in the game profile, and also we can use it in the game/app automatically when the checkbox of the“Autodetect” is checked. Then we choose the second slot to edit another config and so on. Isn’t it simpler?

There is not way to switch to the config you have adjusted from there. The dots below are about the currently applied configs only.
                  But when I click the “Save” or “Apply” button, the game config/profile does actually be saved in the slot I select from the dropdown menu and I can use shortcuts to switch them too.

This and the “+Radar” thing are what make me confusing literally.

The currently applied configs in the slots down below would make us think they’re stored inside the current game profile but they're actually not because we don’t apply the “+Radar”(btw, why radar? ​) to the current slot in the dropdown menu and also the “Auto-detection” function won’t work too because of that even if we’ve checked the checkbox of the“Autodetect.” WHAT THE HACK ALL THAT? LOL

Also, I think if we can edit the names for different configs/Shifts/Slots for a specific game/app, it would be much easier to use especially if we have the overlay feature in the future.

Anyway, I love reWASD. It's an awesome revolutionary product, no doubt. I'm just trying to figure out how to have a more user-friendly experience about it.​

Comment

When you Apply a config, it is applied manually. This button is used without Autodetect only.

When you save a config with Radar turned on, the config will be applied automatically once you switch to the associated app.

Autodetect option is used for, actually, autodetect associated apps (just like it is shown in GUI). The only thing it does is checking all the process that are in focus now.
                    Radar marks the config that will be applied. That is why it is placed at the left part of the GUI, where you can also find Save and Apply functions. Radar is detecting the apps, that is why it is a radar

Yes, it may be much simpler if you have a game with one config. It is obvious in this case: 1 config is applied to 1 slot for 1 app.
                    But, in reWASD, you can do much more complicated things. You can apply up to 4 different configs to 4 different slots, and all of them will be used for a single one game (that also may include an unlimited number of processes).

Seems you just need to spend a bit more time to get used to it (I hope :satisfied

Comment

Working...
                    X