Toggle Repeatition in Turbo + Turbo Increments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toggle Repeatition in Turbo + Turbo Increments

Hello, I've been using your software now for 2 months, and I am already using it to remap the controls in EVERY game I use. When I use Turbo and Toggle for Mortal Kombat 11, I noticed a difference in the speed at which buttons are intercepted depending on whether I use Turbo or Toggle. As an example, if I chose the Xbox One Controller for the base layout, unmapped all the buttons to avoid the physical hardware vs remap conflicts, and remapped (A) to (B) and enabled Turbo, the subsequent button repetition is not picked up as consistently (without dropped presses) or as quickly as when I enable Toggle for the same button. MK11 doesn't pick up all the presses if the turbo cycle is set at less than 20 ms, or the (time in-between presses is set below 20 ms). Is there a way to identically emulate the speed of the toggle repetition, but when using Turbo.

Turbo allows a user to adjust the repetition increments in 10 ms increments. Is there a way to adjust this setting in increments lower than 10 ms, i.e. 1 or 2 ms increments. In an attempt to decrease the length of the repetition rate to the lowest value and still have MK11 pick up the action without skipping an input (accounting for the length of time a special moves takes to complete subsequently giving the player control again) I will decrease and decrease the turbo setting until I find a setting that allows me to repeat a special move with the smallest possible gap in between. If I were able to adjust the turbo increments by 1 or 2 ms rather than 10 ms, I could marginally increase a special moves repeat rate. Would modifying some aspect of a profile's REWASD file give me the ability to adjust the turbo increment by 1 ms rather than 10 ms? If not, could you consider adding that functionality to a future release of REWASD. I would think that any time Turbo is used, a user would seek the shortest possible repetition rate for action that is being repeated: special move, gunshot, jump etc. All of those in-game actions have a set amount of time before they complete and control is regained by the player, and as such, the ability to match, as closely as possible, an action's completion time with the corresponding turbo rate strikes me as desirable. What do you think REWASD?

Hey there!

We are planning to change the limits for pauses in Combo, Turbo or Toggle in the next reWASD version. So, you will be able to set 1 or 2-ms pause pretty soon.

However, Mortal Kombat (and almost any other game) doesn't detect anything below 10 ms.
    If you press a button physically, quickly, it takes about 20-30 ms. The pause that equals 1 ms is something that could NOT be achieved manually. So the behavior you want to emulate is a kind of scripting. Please note that we do not support any way of cheating in competitive games so hope you are going to use this one only while playing with AI

Comment

Awesome, I can't wait until the next update! You guys are cool.

Comment

Will be happy to let you know once it is released!

Comment

Working...
        X