Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Autodetect By Picking a Running Process

Hello,

I recently tried to play some games that are accessible through "Xbox Game Pass" and I want to apply a profile with associated apps by using the file selection interface as specified on the documentation here: https://help.rewasd.com/basic-functions/autodetect.html
    But unfortunately I got a permission denied error when trying to add the game's exe file (in this case the game is "The Outer Worlds"); after searching and reading a few articles online I think all of the games purchased on the "Microsoft Store" would have this access denied permission error because of the ownership flag set to the installation directory of "Windows Store" apps.
    Just curious is there a way to get around this issue? Would the developer consider enhancing the existing "Profile Autodetect" feature by allowing the user to pick a running process instead to avoid this permission denied issue or alternatively allow profile switch that is solely dependent on a file name that the user has manually typed in?

Thanks in advance for the clarification of this question and I hope to hear a response soon.

Hello,

Usually, there are no problems to add exe file of UWP game as you may detect the directory though the running process or simply type dedicated to the game executable file manually to the config.

In your case, you can try to change permissions for the folder with game files, and then it will permit to actually look at what that folder contains, and see if there are any other exe files
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for the link regarding changing permissions for the windows apps directory; but what if I want to go with the type the game executable file manually approach, which config file should I change? I looked through all files inside "C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD" but did not find any relevant config file. Could you provide some pointers?

Comment

Never mind, I think I found the configuration file location, it is inside "C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles".

Comment

Hello,

You are right, the reWASD configs store C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles this directory. So, you may open the config with some yet editor and add the required process, in case it's needed.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
          X