Possibility to not change to applied profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility to not change to applied profile

I have a very minor problem that could be just a Me problem but if someone else finds this annoying I have a suggestion.

I use Rewasd on my Elite Series 2 controller so that on my gamepads profile 0 I have a desktop mouse mode and on profiles 1-3
    different gamepad configurations. I don't use a real mouse at all but only gamepad with desktop mouse mode. Whenever I make changes to any
    gamepad profile I have to click Apply on Rewasd. This causes Elite controller to change on that current profile and I have to press a couple of times on the controller's
    profile switch button to jump back on my desktop mouse mode.

I change these profiles almost daily and it feels like I am constantly mashing that profile switcher I know that this is at best a very minor issue but to it would be
    awesome if there was an option where the Apply button wouldn't automatically change the controller to the applied profile.

Hi there.

I think it has to be optional as the main idea is about when you apply the config, it's active to use at once.

Have you looked at the autodetect feature? It allows associating the execute files of the game or software. Set the config to the required slot (no apply). The config applies automatically when the game is in focus. So, you may do as much as you like changes, save them (not apply), but when the game will be opened again and will be in focus the updated config applies automatically again. So, it's sort of postponed apply.

More details about the autodetect feature could be checked here.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hi there.

I think it has to be optional as the main idea is about when you apply the config, it's active to use at once.

Have you looked at the autodetect feature? It allows associating the execute files of the game or software. Set the config to the required slot (no apply). The config applies automatically when the game is in focus. So, you may do as much as you like changes, save them (not apply), but when the game will be opened again and will be in focus the updated config applies automatically again. So, it's sort of postponed apply.

More details about the autodetect feature could be checked here.
      Thanks but I find it easier for me to change profiles on the fly with controllers profile switcher.

Another one just came to mind. Would it be possible to add shortcut for Windows to change the next audio playback device?
      I know that Windows itself doesn't have a hotkey for this but for example, Display Fusion named multi-monitor handling program
      can do this somehow.

Comment

Hello,

You're talking about these devices, right? I didn't find the Windows option to set shortcut ether, but I found the Audio Switcher app that lets you assign keyboard shortcuts to audio devices and you can use them to switch audio devices. In case it creates shortcuts, then they could be mapped via reWASD.

I didn't test it yet, but maybe is sort of workaround to you.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
          Hello,

You're talking about these devices, right? I didn't find the Windows option to set shortcut ether, but I found the Audio Switcher app that lets you assign keyboard shortcuts to audio devices and you can use them to switch audio devices. In case it creates shortcuts, then they could be mapped via reWASD.

I didn't test it yet, but maybe is sort of workaround to you.
          I will look into this.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X