Community Config Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Config Issues

Not really sure where to post this. Ever since the DS4 touchpad update all of my configs with touchpad bindings have been showing up as "Works Perfect on Xbox Elite" and no other controller. I assume this is because the four quadrants of the touchpad were, at least as reWASD saw it, identical to the four grips on the Xbox Elite and now that the touchpad has it's own designation it see the bindings as only for the Xbox grips. But my configs are highly dependent on gyro (there is no camera control bound anywhere else) so the configs are actually terrible on Xbox controller.

I shrugged my shoulders though and figured I would just re-upload the configs to the community with the touchbar bindings fixed. But that doesn't seem to fix the issue. I believe this is because the button IDs and bindings for the Xbox Elite grips is still present in the code and they are triggering the AI to think they are designed for the Xbox Elite. Interesting, when I click the import button on any of the configs that I uploaded today I download a .json file instead of a .rewasd file. The file itself is identical, it's just the extension isn't correct. I'm not sure if that is something on the website/server side or if the share function within reWASD has been changed for some reason.

For the time being however, I'm going to avoid uploading to the community server since I don't want to do double work -- correcting the touchbar changes now and then fixing something else later.

Hello!

Thanks for the report. Will need a bit more details to find the solution.

You are correct, previously, reWASD treated touchpad zones as "paddles", and so some config were perfect to both Elite and DS4. Right now, they are separate mappings, and if you re-create a config in the new version (with touchpad mappings), it should be detected as DS4 (or in some cases as Steam controller). If you have mappings for Gyro, then the configs will certainly be marked as DS4, Steam or Nintendo.

Almost understand why the described issue happens, but we will need to dig more, please share your nickname in community, will check your files to be sure.

As for json issue, could you please specify which browser do you use?

Comment

This is my community config page but the only config I currently have up that is from post-update is this one. As for the json issue, I'm using Firefox.

Comment

Hey there!

The issue with the configs for DS4 is confirmed, thanks a lot for noticing. We will fix it close to the end of this week.

As for *.json file, unfortunately, we can't reproduce this issue from our side. While downgliding a config from community, I can see two options: Save and Open. The latest one suggest to Open a config with reWASD, and if I choose "Save", I get *.rewasd file. Does it happen with all configs you have tried to import or maybe with a particular one?

Comment

edit: Nevermind, they are downloading as .rewasd files now....no idea what happened in the last minute.

edit 2: Interestingly the first time I click Import Config I get a json but the second and every subsequent click gets me a rewasd. Definitely looks like something on my end.

Old Message:
          I get the JSON on anything I upload right now, any of my previously uploaded configs download as .rewasd. Could you check these two specific configs and see if you get jsons or rewasds?

1st config 2nd config
          Last edited by CriticalComposer; 22.12.2020, 23:03.

Comment

We will keep this issue in mind, maybe we will find the steps to reproduce.

Thanks for the report!

Comment

Hey there!

We have updated the community, and you won't need to re-load your configs again.

That was a complex issue, we hope we have managed at least to improve the detections

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank again for your report

Comment

Awesome job, as always. And I'm glad I could help out.

Comment

Working...
                X