Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-the-Fly Controller mapping

Hello,

Long ago I had an old Razer Sabertooth xbox controller, and perhaps its best feature was how easy it was to map buttons on it.

Press a specific button, press the button you want to remap, and press the button you want to remap to.

Pressing the original remap-button would cancel the procedure.
    Pressing the original mapped-button twice would unmap/default it.

This made it very easy to quickly remap anything to anything, for example if a simple mission needed it, or just because it was too much work to open a configuration then find the button then map then save then apply then close configurator then tab into game again. All I want is for my couch to slowly pull me into its mysteriously big hole without having to crawl up everytime I want to remap a paddle on my controller because I am too lazy to press down left stick everytime I want to pause time in Watchdogs.

This seems like an obvious command that I kinda already expected would be in reWASD, but it doesn't seem so.

Can we make this happen / is there a workaround ?

Thanks

Hey there!

You are talking about the native feature the remappable controllers have — the ability to swap some buttons on the particular gamepad. With reWASD, you can tune much more different options, that could not be added in such way. Moreover, reWASD is a PC app, it doesn't interact with the firmware directly and it is not possible to make it work without an app at all.

We are trying to make the GUI as simple as possible with all the features we have. In order to map a button, you need to press it on the gamepad and then choose another button you want to see there (with Gamepad mapping section in your case). We are planning to implement a mobile companion app too, to make this process easier for people who do not want to get up from the couch I hope you will like it, and we will be happy to let you know once it is released.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

I may have been a bit unclear, or perhaps I am misunderstanding something, but what I mean does not have to be on a firmware level at all.
      As far as I understand, reWASD doesn't work on a firmware level, but what I am proposing doesn't require it work that low anyways. Right?

Comment

reWASD creates the virtual controller and applies mappings to it, nothing very much complicated in that.

Comment

Right? So On-the-Fly remapping shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, we took into the account, but, we do not have plans to change GUI interaction for now. I hope the current version of GUI won't bring inconvenience while software using.

Have a great gaming experience.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

It's fine if you don't want to implement it, sure.
              But just to make sure I am being clear here, for the record; you don't have to change the GUI. This has nothing to do with the GUI.
              The whole point of this is to be able to work around the GUI. A simple script would do.

Perhaps my suggestion can instead be to implement a simple API into your software? So that we could make simple scripts/commands like this ourselves.

Again, totally fine if nothing comes from the suggestion(s).
              Thanks for the response anyways.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great gaming experience.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                X