Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dualshock 4 Touchpad

Hi there,

Is it in the pipeline to have the Virtual Dualshock 4 trackpad axes be emulated?
    For example, if I had an external mouse trackpad / tablet / phone that can recognize up to 2 finger touches, like the real DS4 touch pad.

Meaning for example then someone could use an Xbox controller + another device to input x and y values of the trackpad.

Is it likely that ReWASD will allow this kind of input in the future?

Thanks!

Hello,

Current reWASD version support touchpad emulation for supported devices. Please, check this manual link. So, you may assign the swipe or tap to gamepad controls, keyboard buttons, mice buttons. reWASD do not support tablets, phones for remapping, and we don't have plans to support them in further. At least for now.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi thank you

Yes I saw that swipe can be mapped to a button press.
      However what I meant was that if it would be possible to map for example mouse axes x and y to Touch Pad x and y to emulate swipes that way?

This can already be done with the Steam Controllers track pad, so being able to do so with any mouse device (laptop track pad, external track pad etc. etc.) would be useful.

Comment

Hello,

I think, you may try to emulate swipes using a mouse zone. I made a video that let you to see how you can make it - https://streamable.com/pilxqg.

- Select the mouse and remap mouse to stick (right stick in may case), unmap it.
        - Open virtual controller settings manage deflection settings low - 100, medium 101, for instance. It will help us to avoid stick deflection.
        - Open advanced stick settings and remap zone shape to a swipes (I set a WASD that you could see that is happening). Apply the config.

So now, moving the mouse left or right, swipes are triggering. You may also add Up and Down swipes to get X Y axis.

Does it make a sense for your case?
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi thank you - I will follow your video and try this, it might be what I was asking about and would be really cool if it worked!
          Thank you

Comment

Ayayay, very nice feature. Looks logical that if reWASD is supporting mouse, so trackpad will be supported too, but thb I did not think about it. Very useful. This feature should be more exposed in application. Especially that Shield and Ouya controllers has trackpads too.
            I think these configs should be included in reWASD by default. Maybe some option to convert mouse into trackpad which applies above configs to improve overal experience.

Then swiping left, right, up, down would allow to assign gestures to different options eg. weapon change circle or menu shortcuts.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

We have community (link) where you are willing to export your configs if you want to. Not many games require the swipes, but I glad that you have already checked and known about this feature in reWASD.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
              X