Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility of "Locking" profiles from being edited by default.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility of "Locking" profiles from being edited by default.

Yes it's me yet again and the usual disclaimer of "I don't know if I'm missing a setting or just being that one weirdo using this in a way not expected "

I love the fact that pressing an input on the controller (Azeron in this case) shows the matching input on the software, the problem I keep having is that unless I remember to turn off "Remap" every time, pressing the controller buttons with the reWASD mapping screen focused can very easily result in remapping one controller input with the input on the next controller button pressed and I keep accidentality remapping while trying to decide what to map where, or accidentally hit a couple of buttons by mistake and thus remap them

I tend to keep reWASD just minimised, not closed while still getting used to the Azeron so I can easily alt-tab and swap about as needed and rather than having to remember to turn Remap on/off every time and then turn back on to use, I feel it would be so much nicer to have a button to lock/unlock a profile for editing. So you can have the remapping screen open and click about on the controller without disturbing the current profile or disabling via the Remap button so it's still running.

That made sense before I started typing and think it still makes sense, but I know what I'm on about so I'm not sure now.

Hello there.

Absolutely, there is a possibility to disable the 'Hook the controller buttons' in reWASD. There is a corresponding settings in gamepad preferences in reWASD. Please check this screenshot (link).
    By disabling this feature, the corresponding key will not pop up in reWASD. Feel free to use.

Please feel free to update the post if you were misunderstood in the feature you want us to implement

Comment

Hello and cheers for the reply.

Unfortunately that's not what I was after. I've tried writing this out a few times and each time I end up going round in circles and makes less and less sense each time. I'll try one last time to make sense, it's annoying as I know what I'm trying to say, but writing it out just ends up in a confused mess

I guess it's a case of I'd love to have the interface working as it does when Remap is off, so I can press buttons on the controller with the key showing in reWASD but without the problem of pressing a 2nd input which overwrites the mapping of the first input with the mapping from the 2nd input, so I can mess about feeling which input I want to use (Azeron) without remapping all the inputs each time and still be able to add an input as required.

I know I can hit Remap to Off and then turn it back on, but with alt-tab on one input and reWASD minimised (as still working out the mapping for the Azeron in various games) pressing alt-tab via the controller puts reWASD back in focus with the input I've just used open and ready to be edited and touching any other input by mistake will overwrite that mapping straight away before I get chance to turn Remap to Off.

Comment

Hey there!

Seems I do understand what you mean. When you press a button to open the frame for this button, you accidentally get not only a button press, but your mapping too. It may be hooked at once, and you get incorrect mappings done accidentally. We know about this thing since our first releases, but unfortunately, it is not that easy to fix. We have some ideas though, so no worries, we will get back to this issue in a while, and I would be happy to let you know once it is ready.

Comment

If this helps to make things clearer to make sure I'm possibly making sense , imagine having 2 keys mapped, 1st one with A and the 2nd with B. With reWASD open I press the key mapped to A and the mapping window for that key opens, but if I then press the key that's mapped to B, it overwrites the mapping of A on the first key with B and then opens up the mapping window for the 2nd key, if I hit accidentally a 3rd key, it then overwrites the mapping on the 2nd key with the contents of the 3rd and so on.

Before I realised this I've managed to completely remap / mess up my layout of the Azeron a few times by pressing multiple inputs to see what I think I want mapped where.

Thank you both for your time with this unclear post

Comment

Totally understand what you are talking about, thanks for your explicit descriptions! Will do our best to make this process easier.

Comment

Oh thank you ever so much. It's a relief to know that not only have I finally made sense.....but it wasn't me doing something daft

Sorry for being a pain.

Comment

No pain at all, as we are here to collect all the suggestions and for gathering all the information regarding any bugs or glitches of our software to make the reWASD experience better and better.

Should you find anything else, or have any suggestions, feel free to share.

Comment

Working...
                X