Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What future features are coming to Steam Controller support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What future features are coming to Steam Controller support?

Is there a plan to make haptics work? What about rumble? Thanks.

Hello there!

We are doing our best to implement as more functionality to our software as possible, however, we have a big list of to-do things, thus we cannot provide you with the ETA about the haptics and the rumble settings for the Steam controller.

Thank you for the understanding.

Comment

Thanks, my only two big request would be to implement mouse trackball mode and a toggle gyro on and off as separate commands. I played yesterday and the basic rumble seems to work, so that is good, and I can live without the haptics. If I get those 2 features I can pretty much play fps games the same way I do via Steam. Thanks!
      Last edited by flowerdealer; 21.03.2021, 19:38.

Comment

Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
        Thanks, my only two big request would be to implement mouse trackball mode and a toggle gyro on and off as separate commands. I played yesterday and the basic rumble seems to work, so that is good, and I can live without the haptics. If I get those 2 features I can pretty much play fps games the same way I do via Steam. Thanks!
        Both things are taken into account and we will do our best to deliver them But again, sorry, I can't promise you any exact release dates.

Comment

Any word about haptic implementation? I understand that the Steam Controller is a 'dead' controller that is no longer being produced, but the effort might be worth it since the work could also help support the SteamDeck as controller, which could be cool (and the possible SteamController 2 that might get released once the steamdeck gets a tv dock).

Comment

Hello!

Haptic feedback sounds much harder to implement than other Steam controller things. I can't promise anything right now, but we will try it for sure.

SteamDeck is coming soon — and we are pretty excited about it. Will share our thought once we get our hands on it

Comment

Trackball mode is here! Please update to reWASD 6.2.1 to check how it works for Steam controller's trackpads.

Comment

Awesome thanks!

Comment

Hello! I watched the latest RambleTan's video about SteamController support in reWASD and he mentioned that unfortunately, reWASD is not playing sounds when profiles are switched like the original SteamInput is doing. I have realized that SteamController has abilities to play music and in 2016 it was pretty common thanks to Steam Controller Singer. I have searched sources and found a few tutorials and open-sourced apps that are letting to play midi music. I think it can be a nice improvement of SteamController's support. Especially that DualShock 4 and DualSense (DualSenseX app is already supporting this) have inbuilt speakers, so such midi support can be used for other controllers too. Maybe it's worth implementing it.

Steam Controller Singer : Playing music with the Steam Controller :: Steam Controller General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

Open Sources:This is how application works:

Comment

Hello
                    We don't work with audio in any way yet, but your suggestion sounds interesting. We will talk with the team about how to implement it. Therefore, any ETA. Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                    X