Add text input to autodetected apps for UWP games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add text input to autodetected apps for UWP games

I've found the process to add UWP game (for gamepass games) is a bit of a pain, as it's hard to find the App paths. I wish you could pick them from a list of active process list or something like that. Regardless, I've found the paths via UWP hook, but the file picker won't let me select the game's executables because of the weird UWP games file permissions. I wish that you could just enter the exe's name via a text input field, or that the file browser didn't attempt to open the file (and thus run into the permissions issue).
    My main use for REWASD is to be able to use my steam controller with the growing list of non steam games, as it's becoming more of an issue lately.

We do have plans on implementing a better way of adding associated apps, though it will take time, as other plans take priority.

Creating a temporary file with the same name as UWP game in question and using it to add an associated app or to add filename manually to the config are the only workarounds we can suggest right now.

Comment

Thanks, I still would suggest as the cheap and dirty workaround to just let us add a quick executable name via a text input, instead of a file chooser. That in itself would be a lot more intuitive than having to know where the apps are, or were the rewasd config file file and what its structure/syntax is.

Comment

Working...
      X