Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard overview UI + Descriptions request

Hi,

For the keyboard configuration screen, I can't seem to go back to the main listing overview here

after I click on a key to set it

unlike for the mouse screen where it happens if I click on any blank ui space for example.. Once I'm in the settings for a key I have to either click on another key to navigate or go to the mouse screen and back to get the keyboard overview screen again. I know it's not a big deal, please consider making it so that it's possible to get back to the overview listing by clicking on some blank ui space.

Secondly, can I request that the optional description that you can write for each key shows up at the keyboard overview? Something like this maybe.

Thank you very much for reading.

Hello!

In order to close the frame with a mapping, you need to click on any free place in the table. The title (1) seems to be the easiest one:

Click image for larger version  Name:	43d6eb7358.png Views:	0 Size:	270.5 KB ID:	224719

The icon marked with (2) is for the descriptions. Once you activated it (and it is shown highlighted), you can see all the description you have set for the keys. Also, you can get them just like you have shown — once you put your mouse above the key with the Descriptions mode active.

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the tip for closing the mapping frame. The medium grey area there is probably the only place I didn't click!

My bad on the descriptions icon, I was missing that on the profiles I made since naturally descriptions are empty by default.

However, can I say that showing the descriptions in free space next to the left keys e.g. https://i.imgur.com/gMj5gwR.jpg imo gives more functionality than

replacing the assigned button in left bar like this. I tried typing something like [X button] Interact/shake but there wasn't enough character space

alternatively you could use the current mouseover functionality in previous image to show the assigned button instead of the description text again, but I think something like the first image would be better since you would be able to see all the available information at a glance. Thanks again.

Comment

You are welcome!

Comment

I got your point, it is a cool idea to be able to see all the mappings and descriptions at once, for example, in that hint (tooltip).

Thank you for sharing, will discuss this one with a team. Stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
          X