SOCD Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOCD Cleaner

This may be a weird request but hear me out. An SOCD (Simultaneous Opposing Cardinal Directions) cleaner works by handling which direction is sent to a game when 2 opposite directions are pressed at the same time, which is a huge deal in fighting games. If you could add this to ReWASD you could get a lot of keyboard and hitbox users to migrate to you program since right now there are no software-based SOCD cleaners and it may be fairly simple to add. For example most games handle this by making it "Back + Forward : Neutral", but an SOCD cleaner could make this a Last Input wins so it becomes: "Back + Forward : Forward"

Here's another explanation about it: https://www.hitboxarcade.com/blogs/faq/what-is-an-socd

In case you wonder if this counts are cheating, EVO (biggest fighting game tournament) last year made some important rule changes allowing this for all tournaments: https://dotesports.com/fgc/news/evo-...me-controllers

If you have any questions about it I'm more than happy to answer them.

Hey there! Yep, probably I need some details

You are talking about the hardware feature of the controller's D-Pad or Stick that doesn't let you physically press Forward and Back simultaneously, right? And you want to get the same behavior with a keyboard, let's say for arrows?

Comment

Kinda but not exactly. I'm gonna add examples:

Pretty much all games don't let Forward and Back be pressed simultaneously, but some SOCD cleaners can handle it in a different way.

I'm playing something like Super Mario Bros with my keyboard and I hold Left, Mario starts moving. After that I will also hold Right, what happens next is that the game will not register neither left or right, because that's how most programmers handle this kind of situation. Mario stops.

A new way of handling this is something called "Last Input Wins", which goes:

Same situation, playing Mario Bros and I hold Left, Mario moves left. After I will also hold Right. Now we get a different outcome since the "Last Input Wins" and so Mario will now move right. If I were to release Right, Mario will move left again.

That's it literally. But it's a game changer for certain platform games and pretty much all fighting games available. And it's something we keyboard/certain joystick players don't have available at all. You could add it as a checkbox while remapping the dpad or the analogue stick, it would work wonders!

Comment

At this point, I think, it could be possible with Shift mode. But there should be an ability to switch from one Shift layer to another to make it. Right now, reWASD doesn't have this feature, but we are working on it. After the new release (late April), we will try something and I will get back to you with more details Stay tuned!

Comment

Sure! Since we will only have online tournaments for a while this would help a lot of us keyboard users adapt to the new rulesets so I hope it can be done soon. Thanks for your attention!

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Working...
            X