Add a default keyboard + mouse + gyro config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a default keyboard + mouse + gyro config

It would be nice to have a few default configs/mapping added (sort of like what we have with the virtual controller mappings). Specifically to full map keyboard + mouse + and gyro. It's such a common task that it becomes repetitive to do it. Steam input and ds4windows both include easy way to do this. Don't see the same on rewasd, unless I'm missing something. Thanks.

I would be very appreciated if you could specify what was meant by your message.
    We already have 2 default configs in reWASD. One for PS4 Remote Play, another is Switch to Xbox 360.

Also, there are plenty of configs, available in the community:
    Don't know how to map Xbox controller to keyboard to get the controller support for PC games? reWASD Community will help!

There are a lot of configs made by our customers, this is why we decided to not add any as default ones.

And we are not 'Steam input' or 'ds4windows', thus, we do it a bit our own way.

Our software is fully customizable. You can add all your devices into one group and make a config for it. And in this case you will have the fulfilled config for all devices at the same time.

Comment

What I mean is just a default setup that maps wasd to the left stick, mouse to the right sticks, giro mouse and other common keys. It's such a common setup that it would be nice to have some presets out of the box. Not a big deal, but it would be good to get going quickly, just like how you have the default virtual controller mappings.

Comment

In that case, our software has it by default.
        The config is called PS4 Remote play (link).
        It includes mapping for all the basic devices, such as mouse, keyboard and gamepad.
        You can use this config as the default one for remapping your mouse and keyboard to the virtual gamepad. As well as you can adjust it to fit your needs.

Comment

I think the profile that you are showing does exactly the opposite of what I'm asking. It maps a gamepad to a keyboard. I'm talking about a profile that maps a keyboard and mouse to the gamepad (as default, I know I can set it up manually).

Comment

Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
            I'm talking about a profile that maps a keyboard and mouse to the gamepad.
            Build in [PS4 Remote Play] profile configs do exactly that.

Comment

Hey there!

Am I right, you are using the physical controller and create the configs with keyboard and mouse mappings?
              We have one idea in mind: create a few "templates" with the mappings for different game genres. I think that would be the thing you will be able to use in your case.

Still, at the moment, the number of the default configs is limited (we have seen that many people do not use them according to the statistics, so we decided to leave only the most popular ones). I hope you could find some examples in the community. And I will definitely let you know once we have add the above mentioned templates if I am right and it is the thing you are asking about

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                Build in [PS4 Remote Play] profile configs do exactly that.
                Can you provide the config? I had deleted the original one and downloaded the official one from the Community forum, but it doesn't map the controller to a keyboard at all. I deleted it because it was called Ps4 remote play and I didn't know it would be related to general keybaord and mouse games (also, not sure why PS4 remote play would be mapped to a keyboard and mouse as default?).

Comment

Can you provide the config? I had deleted the original one and downloaded the official one from the Community forum, but it doesn't map the controller to a keyboard at all. I deleted it because it was called Ps4 remote play and I didn't know it would be related to general keybaord and mouse games (also, not sure why PS4 remote play would be mapped to a keyboard and mouse as default?).
                  This is the config that is created for the physical keyboard and mouse. It includes virtual controller mappings. Does it the one you need or you need the one that does an opposite thing?

Comment

The opposite.

Comment

The opposite.
                      In that case you can try some of these configs.

Comment

I don't want a desktop profile. Please refer to steam input's default setups, which are super common use. One is for keyboard and mouse, and keyboard and mouse with gyro. They are common mappings for fps shooters for games that don't support gamepads, as most shooters on pc share similar bindings. Like I said initially, they are so frequently used that Steam provides defaults for them. My suggestion is that rewasd should have one by default too, maybe even with the wand button instead of a config.

Comment

I don't want a desktop profile. Please refer to steam input's default setups, which are super common use. One is for keyboard and mouse, and keyboard and mouse with gyro. They are common mappings for fps shooters for games that don't support gamepads, as most shooters on pc share similar bindings. Like I said initially, they are so frequently used that Steam provides defaults for them. My suggestion is that rewasd should have one by default too, maybe even with the wand button instead of a config.
                          Yes, I think that "templates" I've mentioned above are perfect for your case. We will certainly let you know once they are released, but not ETA at the moment, sorry.

Comment

Yeah it's fine, it's not a super important feature, it would just be nice for new users to have. Once you make one you pretty much have it. A few default templates would be amazing.

Comment

Working...
                            X