Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support of Wii U Pro Controller (Official Ref. WUP-A-RSKA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support of Wii U Pro Controller (Official Ref. WUP-A-RSKA)

Hello !

I'm wondering if you have planned to add Wii U Pro Controller to the list of compatible device.

I think it will be great and maybe some of us have this controller lying and can be used in Cemu for example.

I have find a temporary solution with another program but if I can use ReWasd for it, it will be better.

Did you know if it's possible to add support for next release please ?

Thanks for your feedback !

Regards

Have you tried to connect it, the controller is not detected?
    reWASD can recognize some controllers that aren't in the list as the Xbox 360 if it has the X-input mode. No wheel or flight sticks are supported yet. We're working on features that would allow adding various controllers to support.

Comment

Hello, Yes I have tried to connect it with USB cable and it's not recognized at all. According to the informations I have found, we have to install SCP Drivers to make controller "seen" as is xbox360 Controller and then use another Software (WinUSoft for example) to make it discoverable and connect the controller wireless.

If needed I can make some tests and send logs. I can test a fresh setup with/without SCP Drivers but normally it have to be detected by reWASD without it right ?

Thanks !

Comment

We do not support this device, but we hope some logs could give us a glimpse about it.

Please try to collect the logs, we will be very grateful. But without using SCP and other software.

To complete logs, you will need to:
        1. Run reWASD as Administrator: right-click reWASD icon or shortcut and choose Run as Administrator
        2. Allow reWASD to make changes to your device
        3. reWASD opens. Now open Preferences, and click Start log in the lower left corner
        4. Close Preferences window
        5. Complete the steps you were having troubles with
        6. Open Preferences again and press Stop log
        7. Choose Open file location to proceed to the folder
        8. Choose the archive that was created the last, and send it to us.

Comment

Hello, I have starting from a fresh Windows 10 install so I am sure of no conflict drivers.
          Isntalling reWasd only and tried with my Wii U Pro controller.
          I have create the logfiles, I can attach it to this topic ? Or it's better to send them by another way ? (Maybe It contains some "personal" informations I don't know !)

Thanks !

Comment

These logs do not contain any private information. It is safe to post them here.

Comment

Ok Right, I have attached here the zip logfiles. If you need more test, please tell me.
              Thanks !
              Attached Files

Comment

Got the logs, but I will also need the full version of reWASD you have installed. You can see it by typing [Apps] in Windows start menu, then selecting reWASD in the list. It should be similar to [5.6.2.3821].

Comment

Sure ! It's the last version I think, the 5.6.2.3821.

Comment

Thanks for the information provided. Stay tuned for updates!

Comment

Thanks to you and I stay tuned !

Comment

Hey there!

Thank you for the logs, well received.

Just the small note here: we do want to support each and every controller our customers use, but this device is pretty unique and it may take time for us to check if it is possible to support it. Hope it won't take too long

Comment

Hey guys,

I was checking in internet (mainly github) if there are interesting projects to enable Nintendo controllers on PC. And there are. I have found few which can be interesting and can help extend reWASD supported devices base. I have found:
                          • Github project named "GamepadPhoenix" which enables Windows support for WiiU Pro Controller, and Wii devices: Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, NES/SNES Classic Mini variants, Nunchuk.
                          • Github project "HID Wiimote" with Windows support for Nintendo Wii Remote.
                          • Github project "WiinUPro" which enables windows support for Wii Remotes, Nunchuks, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, Wii Guitar Controller and the HORI Battle Pad.
                          Maybe these fan projects will help with verifying if it is possible to support older Nintendo devices in reWASD.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello! Thanks for the information provided. We'll see if this can help us.

Comment

Idea for the future: I have found interesting combo feature of Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro and a Wii Remote Plus or Wii Remote with Wii MotionPlus.
                              In Splatoon controllers could be used together and it seems like pretty fun idea. They can be combined, what enables gyro control for other controllers, so maybe such "Battle Dojo mode" can be good to be exposed when support for Nintendo controllers will be implemented. Especially that single Wii Remote is not a very exciting controller due to lack of buttons. Something what was not widely known on Wii U can receive second life thanks to PC gaming. ReWASD already allows to combine controllers, so it shall not be a big problem to implement. Just needs to give people idea that it can be used in this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X