Option to view all the mapped outputs / descriptions at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option to view all the mapped outputs / descriptions at once

As well as the default view in the mapping window which shows on inputs with multiple activators, as in single press + press & hold + double press, etc, all the available the icons and jsut one output / description and you have to manually click on each other icon to view what's mapped to that ...Fully understand why this is the default, I'd just love to have a toggle setting so that, when wanted, I can view all the mapped outputs / descriptions at once without having to click between them, even if it means stretching the window wider to fit (21:9 monitor )

There are a lot of users that have low resolution monitors. By editing the view of activators, the same thing will happen with all the users, and if they have a low resolution monitors, not all the features will have enough space. Also, a lot of people prefer the small reWASD window on their screen.

We're already working and have a lot of things to implement in reWASD. We have taken your suggestion, still, no guarantees it can be implemented in the nearest future.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      There are a lot of users that have low resolution monitors. By editing the view of activators, the same thing will happen with all the users, and if they have a low resolution monitors, not all the features will have enough space. Also, a lot of people prefer the small reWASD window on their screen.
      As I stated in my post "Fully understand why this is the default," and why I wasn't asking for this to be default for everyone because it's extremely obvious that it won't work as default for everyone...sigh.

Sorry but which part of my post asking for an Optional Toggle is stating that I want this as the default view for everyone with their low rez screens, or people that have long description or simply want a nice small window?

I post a simple request which then gets distorted and replied to as if I'm demanding that everyone gets their view messed up just to suit me and completely ignores my request with the reply of...The majority cannot use this...which I never even asked for.

In all the years I've been in contact with the reWASD team (since before any advanced features even existed and there was a single licence only, back on FB), I've always found the team to be easy to speak with and understanding in their communications.

Now you have someone that's been here less than a year and distorts reading of messages to reply dismissively back claiming this cannot work due to other users despite my posting in the first place that I KNOW it won't suit most users or even suggesting that it's forced to be used by others.

Having just read this reply with my first cup of coffee, this has really started off this period of being awake on the wrong foot, in a ratty mood and wondering why bother to try to help or give suggestions... I've nothing against being told "sorry this idea cannot work for xyz reasons" but made up BS that was specifically excluded / answered in my post really drives me up the wall

Comment

Well, basically, I would like to say that we are already working on that feature.

All I wanted to pay attention at, is that it is an easy solution to make it as a default parameter for all the users. Much more complicated is to implement that type of view in some upcoming update, so it is accessible for all the users, with different type of monitors, that will take more time. And as we already have the features-to-be-implemented-list, I just wanted to let you know that we really took a note from your feedback and will do our best to implement that in the future.

This doesn't mean that we wanted to get rid of your comment. We were planning to release that feature, but it will not be available for us to implement this feature, in like, some nearest update, as we have some bugs, we want to support more controllers, we wish to add some additional functionality to the remapping features that we already have. I wish to avoid spoilers, but we wish to have the

I have never said that we will NOT do it. Furthermore, I wanted to advise you that we, as any other software developers, and stuff are concentrated on implementing the most mass-demanded features first.

My apologies for the very short message. The only thing I wanted to say is that we are planning on releasing that feature, but there are no ETAs as it is not the most important things to do right now.

Thank you for the understanding. Have a great day!

Comment

Hey there!

In the upcoming version, we are planning a little enhancement that you may like It is a hint that appears above the button and shows all used activators in a list:

Click image for larger version

Name:	d17fb0c7d8.png
Views:	200
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	225230

Of course, it is not the same thing you suggest, so no worries, your suggestion is taken into account too.

Also, we are going to make a table with all used mappings that will appear once the config is applied even without reWASD main window opened.

I hope those things will make it easier for you to use the app while we are working on other improvements.

Comment

Working...
          X