Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Display the descriptions of remaps directly on gamepad general view.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display the descriptions of remaps directly on gamepad general view.

Hi,

So i got a little bit enthusiastic about rewasd's remapping and shortcuts abilities (once you start enjoying a shortcut, you just wanna add another and another...). My shift 1 looks like this now :

I think you see where is the problem here. It gets messy really fast. If we don't use a game for a few weeks, it's just impossible to remember everything exactly, and even without that, it's just hard to remember one's own remapping all the time even when using it regularly.

I know we have an option to rename the remapping (all of mine have a specific name) but we have to click each one of them to display it (and to make things worse, my rewasd is particularly slow to respond when a game is running). Having an option to toggle on a display of all the descriptions of each button (nothing if they have no description) would help a lot to remember things much easier.

And for buttons using many different types of presses, since there won't be enough room to display all of them, just display the first one and use the same pop-up notification you already use for multi shortcuts remapped button to display the other descriptions :

Thanks to that, we could even print screen the gamepad menu with the descriptions and keep the picture around as a reminder instead of displaying rewasd each time.

Thank you.

Hello!

There is a special button in reWASD that lets you see the Descriptions instead of Mappings on the controller's picture:

Click image for larger version  Name:	0c7510d0d2.png Views:	0 Size:	557.2 KB ID:	226510

There's only one problem with Shortcuts — they are shown on the separate page. We will think what is possible to do here in the upcoming releases.

Also, we are working on Printing option right now, still, there is some problems with shortcuts, but we hope to show them all too in the future versions.

Instead of reWASD window, you can use our Desktop Overlay, it also shows the table of mappings or description that could be adjusted here.

Comment

Aah, of course, the only icon i didn't click on, even though it's right in the middle of the interface. Now i look like a fool. I think i assumed it was an aesthetic icon introducing the shifts options next to it or something like that. I was wondering how come you hadn't thought of something that useful yet. Thank you for your answer.

Comment

No problem!

Still, we will think about other ways to show all the mappings easily. Stay tuned for the updates

Comment

Working...
        X